• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create custom 3D Model and Import as OBJ

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to create a 3D model of a corrugate tray which holds tetrapak juice cartons. Attached is a PNG of an illustrator 3D I created, hoping that someone with experience can supply me with the necessary steps. Is it even possible? Objective is to apply design to 3D in Adobe Dimension to show client fininished representation.tray white 3D.png

TOPICS
Creative , Feature request , How to , Import and export , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

there are 3 options and i'll let you decide which is best

example file to play with

1 when you just want one or 2 faces removed from a box its quick and easy to do this in Dimension with just the magic wand tool

Screenshot (134).png

2 your shape is really 5 faces with one being a "custom" so option 2 is to build the box from flat faces [planes] and use an opacity map to hide the part not needed

Screenshot (138).png

+ its fast and ok for quick demos

- you can always see a line at the end of a map, ok if you have time to edit it out but

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are 3 options and i'll let you decide which is best

example file to play with

1 when you just want one or 2 faces removed from a box its quick and easy to do this in Dimension with just the magic wand tool

Screenshot (134).png

2 your shape is really 5 faces with one being a "custom" so option 2 is to build the box from flat faces [planes] and use an opacity map to hide the part not needed

Screenshot (138).png

+ its fast and ok for quick demos

- you can always see a line at the end of a map, ok if you have time to edit it out but clients could see it

3 build the "custom" face [plane] in your 3D software of choice... I use Photoshop but Blender or even Maya are also fine

Screenshot (141).pngScreenshot (142).pngScreenshot (143).png

- takes longer than just using a map

+ looks better and once you make it then its there to reuse later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is also another psossibility to buid it from scratch.Use several plane parametric shapes and build it from scratch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines