• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import problem from Autodesk 3DS Max

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We create multi-part 3D models (housings, screws, attachments) from different materials, with Autodesk 3DS Max. There all elements are individually selectable. If I export the file as .FBX and load it into Adobe Dimension, it's just one single part. Is there a way to change that? Or do I have to pay attention to something when exporting or do I have to set something in Autodesk 3DS Max?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

yes Dimension can open a multi-part Fbx... it may be that you exported it wrong or the other models are just out of focus but without a few screengrabs or the actual Dn file its impossible to say

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually from Ps I Export different 3D object for one complex model but my model consist of 2-3 parts.  But some obj, stl models that I download from Internet consist of different layers in Dn Scene. Did you try other formats?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Dimension can open a multi-part Fbx... it may be that you exported it wrong or the other models are just out of focus but without a few screengrabs or the actual Dn file its impossible to say

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, good to know it's even possible. We will do some more tests with the export from 3DS max. Our model consists of about 20-30 parts and it would be really annoying to assemble them all individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it works. So FBX from 3DS Max is no problem and the results look great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nice, thanks for letting us know how you got on mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines