• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Materials on imported Sketchup models

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed a cabinet using Sketchup and downloaded a stock wood material texture from Adobe Stock.  I applied it to the cabinet and the color and tone comes in flat by comparison to a Square Bottle model.  I'm new to Dimension but like the features I see if I can get them to work.

Also, Is there a way to apply a color/material to one side of a rectangle panel?

I appreciate itCabinet Texture.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

darinc71724464  wrote

Also, Is there a way to apply a color/material to one side of a rectangle panel?

yes use the wand tool to pick just one face Make selections |

Screenshot (1708).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the following section you

can view the Materials to Import in Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I look at the section to Import materials and it didn't help.  As you can tell in my screen shot, two images, side by side with the same materials look completely different.  I'm not sure why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

because they are different shapes with different angles... you can adjust the offset and repeat to make them run in other lines but a bottle is still going to look different to a box because it is one object and the box should have a dozen or more flat faces i.e, each one with its own texture

Screenshot (1712).png

Screenshot (1714).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines