• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low resolution preview/export

New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Today is the first day I have used Dimension, and I've been asked to create a simple 3D book mock-up. When I import the cover image, it is always appears as a very low resolution. I have imported the image as a JPEG, PNG and PSD and they are all reproducing as low-res (see screenshot). I'm hoping there is a simple fix for this? I'd appreciate any guidance. Thank you!

TOPICS
How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is you image size? Can you share image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I've attached the image I am trying to wrap on to the 3D book model. It is a high resolution image. Thanks again for your help. Grahame 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here what I get after using UV Export feature. If you are not familiar with UV Export please view this video. https://youtu.be/jFFqWHD3Q_4

Also the final image is adjusted to enhance clarity and color in windows photos or you can use Ps also. Try to much your book size before UV exporting from Dn.

Untitled uv Ps.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when I use the included standing open book obj and export the UV it looks like this? mine is always pixelated and low res on export also. even with high quality photoshop files inported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the default scene size to be really quite small and nearly always adjust to keep the shortest dimension (ha!) at least 3000px. Yours looks to be a bit over 1000px so perhaps that will help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would export the book Uv map and make the cover in Photoshop for best results because yes the image is being auto resized when placed as a decal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines