Exit

Material Transparency Disappear.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for my English

Me and my Team using Adobe Dimension for packaging presentation. The program is easy and make an amazing and beautiful rendering picture. But I want to create an advance presentation.

So I use .GLB format file from a program sent to Adobe Aero for making an AR and import to Power Point for making 3D presentation. I found some problem. When I place graphic on the translucence body like glass material. When it show on Aero and PowerPoint the transparency is disappear, But the glass body that not place a graphic still translucence.

for adobe community-01.jpgfor adobe community-02.jpg

Me and my Team try to do many way but can’t solve it. I want to asked to Supporter did you have some special technic or solution ?

I hope that will be useful to us both.

Thank you&Best Regards,

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Hi

I've just tested this and to take any other apps out of the equation, I tested exporting and re-importing from and to Dimension.

When I exported and re-imported using GLB the translucence was not re-imported as a map, in the same way that Base color was  (suggesting it had not been exported that way). Instead, on re-importing, translucence was set to 0%

davescm_1-1592578378420.png

When I used OBJ format instead, the translucence map was correctly exported and re-imported. On import it looks like this:

davescm_0-1592578178405.png

I did a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does tranparency = translucence?

if so Mac machines have major trouble with it and the real world fix is to use Windows instead because Microsoft is not having a silly war with Nvidia like Apple is

if transparency = opacity then I assume the error is because you jumped from Dimension to Areo and then into power point which means your Glb file got converted along the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice and yes transparency is translucence.

I try to use Dimension on window but it not translucence too.

This time I make the sample picture for easy to understand what I mean.

for adobe community-01.jpgfor adobe community-02.jpgSo what I want it to be is translucence body like D. but have a graphic like B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any of those balls as being translucence... well maybe the one with no graphic but the very fact there isn't a graphic [or any other difference] makes it pointless anyway

to say something has translucence is to show how the light reacts to the material i.e, is changed as it passes into it

my example

white backgroundwhite backgroundno backgroundno background

this ball flips the light, i.e, the logo is upside down on the 'inside' back face... if you can't see a copy of the logo [or any difference at all] then the ball can be transparent [opacity] but not translucence

I'll ask Dave to have a look to because he is a better teacher than me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe what you told me is correct.

But because of my language proficiency And an understanding of the differences between translucence and transparent that I still do not fully understand

For every answer I receive, I will keep it as knowledge and case studies. It will definitely be useful in the future.

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've just tested this and to take any other apps out of the equation, I tested exporting and re-importing from and to Dimension.

When I exported and re-imported using GLB the translucence was not re-imported as a map, in the same way that Base color was  (suggesting it had not been exported that way). Instead, on re-importing, translucence was set to 0%

davescm_1-1592578378420.png

When I used OBJ format instead, the translucence map was correctly exported and re-imported. On import it looks like this:

davescm_0-1592578178405.png

I did a bit of digging and there were suggestions the GLB does not support maps for translucence (which would explain why no map was re-imported) but I've not been able to confirm that definitively.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, Dave.

May I ask you more question? If I want to use .obj files in Aero and Powerpoint to have the translucence and graphic as intended What methods can I use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like to think of it as the difference between a mirror and a window, they both (normally) made of the same glass material

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines