Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Decals

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Total 3D newbie here, I'm a graphic designer and illustrator.
So I've been trying since yesterday to create a simple mockup of a picture book I illustrated with Dimension. I bought the 3D model from Turbosquid (after subscribing to Adobe Stock and purchasing a book model from there didn't work because of the problem described here: Can't Apply Decal to .OBJ model after import and I spent way too much time finding that out, unsubscribing and getting my money back, although the problem is obviously known since October, ahem) and it seems I can apply a decal only to one page at a time but not to both pages – neither with the double spread as one image nor as two separate images.
Is there again a problem with my model or am I overlooking something here?
Thanks in advance!
Anneke

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Dimension currently only allows 1 decal per material region.  This is a temporary limitation that will be resolved in the future.  In the mean time, you can assign a new material to the 2nd page and then apply a decal to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension currently only allows 1 decal per material region.  This is a temporary limitation that will be resolved in the future.  In the mean time, you can assign a new material to the 2nd page and then apply a decal to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about when I can't split the pages? They came in from the book mockup on Adobe Stock site as one single region/frame. If I try to drag a new material onto the second (righthand) page, it just replaces the material on both pages. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the magic wand tool to make a selection of just one page before dragging a new material onto it.  If you drag a material onto an existing material it will replace it, but if you drag it to a partial selection it will make a new 'region'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines