• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transparent background

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you save as transparent background the issue i am having is when exported the image is darkerposter.png

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

You convert it to transfarent backgroun after exporting to PSD and editing. Dn do not expert transparent background recently

See also https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/dimension-material-transparent-background/td-p/10291997?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You convert it to transfarent backgroun after exporting to PSD and editing. Dn do not expert transparent background recently

See also https://community.adobe.com/t5/dimension/dimension-material-transparent-background/td-p/10291997?pag...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the current build of Dimension can't rendor a transparent background because the drivers are set to put a colour in... you can make transparent objects in the scene but the only way to make the background transparent is by rendor to Psd and remove it in Photoshop as Ares said

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in photoshop I can create a transparent layer but if the dimensions object is on a white layer, there is no easy way to remove the white. I can use a magic wand but the shadows do not render properly.  What should I be doing? I want a freefloating sphere with a shadow to appear on a website with its own background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Dimension is not designed to rendor transparent backgrounds after V1 which has already been pointed out
  2. this thread is talking about v2... the current build works different!
  3. you need to ask your own questions because what you decribe is not something Dimension is designed to do... a wedsite image is prob Jpeg and that image can't have transparent pixels anyway
  4. just to save the next person, Dimension can rendor transparent pixels [ON A MODEL]... you use a opacity map to do this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand about the transparent background being dropped from the latest Dimensions. I was hoping there was a workaround. I can save as a .png which retains transparency so I hoped there was something I could do.  Some people mention changing it in Photoshop but I don't know how to do it. I can create a transparent layer and select all the background (white for example) and delete it, but I still get artifacts of white dots on the 3D image.  

If anyone knows a workaround OR how to restore the transparency in Photoshop vis-a-vis a .png, let me know. Otherwise I guess the answer is no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save your file in PS as JPG. That will convert your transparency pixel to full color pixels. Open it again select pixel around object and delet them. You can also use Select snd Mask in Ps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in v1 you could remove the background by editing it in Photoshop but v2 onwards defaults to white so even if you remove all the background pixels it still has a fully white colour background under it

work around 1 = use the old v1 build of Dimension ... not many people still have this

work around 2 = use an opacity map on your models to trick Dimension into making something like transparency... I have already shown you how to do this

Screenshot (4077).pngScreenshot (4078).pngScreenshot (4079).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I set my background material to a color like blue in Dimension and then rendered it to a PSD file.  When I opened it in Photoshop, the background was a layer, which I just turned off.  Presto, transparent background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines