• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open document bug

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new updated version of Adobe Dimension (Version 2.3) refuses to re-open saved documents. After restarting the application it does not want to open documents that are saved before restarting the programm (saving process was not terminated and was completed successfully.) Same issue on Windows and on Mac. I've submitted log file to suggested e-mail, but thought to write about this issue here as well. It relates to my 8+ hour work and besically I've failed to produces renderings for a very important presentation because of this bug. Please help to resolve this problem asap.

thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 11.12.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 11.31.50 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Wanted to provide an update here.  We have a fix in progress and are testing it on our Prerelease and with files that customers are sending in.  We hope to release this fix next week if testing goes well!

For anyone who would like immediate access, you can join the Dimension Prerelease Program using this link:  

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/6D4BC437-A571-40B6-B398-1D29A4A13985/participate/7A1DBA5A-6CF2-4023-EE2F-3CA7B25DF3BE

Once you're on the Prerelease website, simply download the Dime

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue now too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My file is 5.4 GB and wont open. I just worked for 5 days on this and now what, I gotta restart this? Come on!!!!

Please help !!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happend here today. File 2.8GB, 1 week of work, day before deadline. Not able to produce final renders. Adobe, please, this cannot happen! It makes me crazy!

Working on Mac, Dimension latest version 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found solution: I found that Adobe created huge 44GB folder of Snapshot files in FelixDCXAppID folder. I delete it and now was able to open the file again. It seems that lack of space on disk can be an issue. Due to that big folder I ended with just 20GB of free space, which seems was not enought to open big .dn files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug is still here. It's not work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm writing in February 2023 with Version 3.4.7 for Mac.

Apparently the issue appears when the machine runs out of memory. Try clean some stuff up and hope for the best.

This was true for this specific file and situation. In the past this same issue happened when I dropped in a ready made OBJ (which I found on Adobe Stock LOL). I had the luck to have a previous version of the file without that hellish fake houseplant and everything went smooth. 

Hope this message in a bottle helps somebody somewhere sometime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines