• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does graphic I place always reflects on model?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid for this softcover open book model on Adobe Stock. 

Everytime I try to drag a graphic onto this model, the graphic reflects. I can't find any options to change this. How do I fix this?

Also, how come the pages are all so dark even though the base color is white and the environment lights are bright?

This is the model I bought: https://stock.adobe.com/search/3d-assets?filters%5Bcontent_type%3Aphoto%5D=0&filters%5Bcontent_type%...

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that the model have been created by repeating elements and reflecting them. So you got two solutions, either selecting the element (page?) in the group that is the book and flip (vertically?) the model of the page, or just reflect your own decal onto it (if you click on the image thumbnails and then on the pencil shaped icon that will appear in the window, the image will open in the software it's been designed with, where you'll be able to flip it accordingly)

One thing that is important to note, is that you shouldn't ever judge the lighting before having raytraced the scene first. The lighting has to be judged and tweaked with the ray tracing on. This icon at the top right of your screen.

Imaginerie_0-1676714577404.png

in Dimension, it's called render preview

Imaginerie_0-1676714698769.png

So typically you do it at the end, when all the other elements are in place....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I solved the lighting problem by just starting all over again from a new file.

I took your advice about editing it in photoshop to reflect in the image itself. I was hoping to avoid that, but I guess there was no other option. 

I am on to solving the next problem that I will most likely make a post atbout which is how to make the page edges not be so bright and more natural....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good it worked, can you post a screenshot with the render preview on?
as I said, no decisions should be done about the lighting without having seen it ray traced.

I can see you have no staged shadows, no noise, etc... so it's NOT the lighting as it will appear once rendered.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another option is to place the grapic as a full instead of a decal

Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 3.38.24 AM.png

you can export the model UV to line up your image in Photoshop

the lighting is only an example at this point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines