• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

500 Internal server error - There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed

Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty inexperienced in Dreamweaver...I inherited a site when I started my position a year ago and really only use the site to update pages. I don't know much about coding/the back end of the site. We are currently in the process of moving over to a website platform, so I have been working to get content ready by deleting unnecessary pages.

Yesterday I was messing around in a template for one of my global navigation items to delete an item in the left nav and now two pages that use that template aren't working. I get the "500 Internal Service Error - There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed" when I try to access them. Additionally, all of the child pages that use the template have lost their styling on the back end and are just showing plain text.

It looks like this....

Capture1.JPG

When it's supposed to look like this...

Capture2.JPG

I also synchronized sitewide. I'm not really sure what exactly I did, so I'm not sure how to fix it!

Does anyone have any insight?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 500 error is a genetic error meaning that something has gone wrong on the server, and probably means that one to all of the files you have deleted are absolutely necessary in order for the page to be built on the server, before it can be sent to the browser for rendering.

Unfortunatly you only have 2 courses of action open to you now, and that is to upload any copies of the files you deleted back to the server. Or ask the server administrator to restore a back-up of the files from a time dating to before the files were deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't delete any files in this section that use this specific template, just some outdated files elsewhere on the site, and that didn't have any effect on the error pages. The errors started occurring after I was in the template file and then synchronized the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you changed something in the template file, such as a file reference and it is incorrect then that will also give you the error.

Are you using Dw templates, (.dwt file extensions) if so then those are used internally be Dw, and are not part of the server template files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the template is a .dwt file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Dw templates, but hopefully someone else in the forum who knows about them can help you further.

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks anyways!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could help you if you gave us the .dwt file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that? Do you just need the source code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL over a private message. Click the profile name and use the message button to send a private message.

If you are OK with sharing the link in public, you can reply to the post along with the URL.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes the code source is fine... or you can zip it it on your server, and giv ethe link, to avoid bloating the forum....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

youps sorry Preran, I've missed your post...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Birnou, I have sent a message with the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't recieved anything... ?

by the way when you send the template, please also send where did you make the modification... in which part ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Preran,

is there is any place in the forum, where we can get the list of all the direct message... I've lost the previous link ?

by the way, I've recieved the files, and in a fast first read, I don't find any error, please, kelseyg1223​, could you please help me to get what is not working... at start on your thread, you present two page results that differ, but the content is different too... so what are the errors faced ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the very top of this page, look for the @ symbol followed by the number of notifications. When you click that, you should be able to see the messages you received and replied to.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines