Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Mailchimp Subscribe Now HTML CSS to my own button

Participant ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add code here.png

I want to add the code to make the button in yellow functional. Alternatively, make the subscribe button on the button look  like the above.

Here is my button:

<form>
<p>
<input type="email" name="newsletter" placeholder="Enter Your Email Address" id="newsletter" >
<button type="submit" ><i class="fa fa-send"></i></button>
</p>
</form>

Here is the code mailchimp spit out: 

<!-- Begin Mailchimp Signup Form -->
<link href="//cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/slim-10_7.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<style type="text/css">
#mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; }
/* Add your own Mailchimp form style overrides in your site stylesheet or in this style block.
We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. */
</style>
<div id="mc_embed_signup">
<form action="https://touch-the-universe.us17.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=17254369a831ab340dcc39d21&amp;id=27..." method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>
<div id="mc_embed_signup_scroll">

<input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="email" id="mce-EMAIL" placeholder="email address" required>
<!-- real people should not fill this in and expect good things - do not remove this or risk form bot signups-->
<div style="position: absolute; left: -5000px;" aria-hidden="true"><input type="text" name="b_17254369a831ab340dcc39d21_2769e73a04" tabindex="-1" value=""></div>
<div class="clear"><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" class="button"></div>
</div>
</form>
</div>

<!--End mc_embed_signup-->

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to make a button on the end of an input you could use Bootstrap has a class to do this: https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.1/components/input-group/#button-addons  .  Otherwise you just need to style a button and input so that you remove their inherit margins to move the objects closer to one another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, both of these look hard to do. I'm a total newbie. Can someone do this for me. I can paypal 5-10 dollars, assuming it takes just a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bassically want the button button and imput field, that is all garbled and out of place, to look like the above styled one that is not functional. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the function that you want to apply to the submitted form? Have you got the code for that? Has the site got a mail server? What is the serverside coding language? 

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're embedding a MailChimp sign-up form into your document, follow MailChimp's instructions to the letter. 

1. Create the sign-up form on MailChimp's website.

2. Copy and paste THEIR code into your document.

3. Upload document to your server to test it.

Put MailChimp's CSS code into the <head> of your document.

Put MailChimp's <form> code into the <body> of your document.

It should look like this:

image.png

If you want the form styled differently, you'll need to do that manually in the CSS code.  But DO NOT tamper with the <form> code otherwise you'll break it.  

Good luck with your project!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines