• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium: how to change remote server directory

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is site management window from just now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/svasouqujxuriuc/Screenshot%202019-09-30%2011.17.17.png?dl=0

I think I have the right window to change the directory from "/" to "web" on the remote server. It will upload correctly, only to the wrong directory on the remote server. Where do I change/set that? Thank you!

Amy 🙂

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The remote server root is changed under the Servers heading (second from the top left in your screen grab).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Site > Manage Sites.   Change the Server's root directory.  See screenshot from DW CC.  I don't have legacy CS6 anymore.

Site > Manage Sites > ServerSite > Manage Sites > Server

You should NOT see the server's root directory in your LOCAL site folder.   The root of your local site is the site folder on your hard drive.  See screenshot of expanded files panel with Remote and Local side-by-side.

CC-FilesPanel-expanded.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines