Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dreamweaver cc is super slow

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having a typing issue. Adobe Dreamweaver is super slow whenever it comes to typing.

I tried switching the views but it didn't work. Also, my computer works well until I start coding in Adobe Dreamweaver.

Any solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Make sure you don't have a large number of staged files in the GIT panel, can happen if you copy a framework or large number of files to your project folder. I have found this can really affect perfomance, try doing a commit if this is the case.

Disable site cache in site settings > advanced settings > local info and uncheck enable cache. If you have a large project/lot of files it can make a significant difference....

site_cache.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Hi 

We are investigating this issue at our end, meanwhile as a workaround can you perform below steps and see if the issue is resolved.

1. close DW
  2. Go to Registry key press win +R -> type regedit
  3. go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020\Temp File List\
  4. delete the Temp File List folder and restart Dreamweaver (before deleting the folder first take backup of the folder, right click on it and select export)

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Hi 

We are investigating this issue at our end, meanwhile as a workaround can you perform below steps and see if the issue is resolved.

1. close DW
  4. delete the Temp File List folder and restart Dreamweaver (before deleting the folder first take backup of the folder, right click on it and select export)

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you help for a MAC with same issues.

I'm having issues with this across sitewide library file updates and even if I select the File dropdown menu it takes about 20 seconds before the drop down appears and if I select Save As for example it doesn't respond for about 15 seconds. The window box for Save As eventually appears and saving the files is as normal. When I select any file to open this can take around 10seconds. Closing multiple files takes a while too.

Unfortunately I can't try the fixes mentioned as the files below don't appear on my iMac nor can I use the win +R. Please can you me know what to on the iMac. 

Many thanks,

Mike

1. Go to Registry key press win +R -> type regedit
  2. go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020\Temp File List\
  3. delete the Temp File List folder and restart Dreamweaver (before deleting the folder first take backup of the folder, right click on it and select export)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came to this forum via searching for a solution to s-l-o-w performance by Dreamweaver CC 2020 on my Windows 10 laptop.  I don't use GIT.  I tried going into site settings and unchecking cache - it failed to solve the problem.

The thing that DID solve the problem was going into the registry and deleting the Temp File List folder.  Thank you very much, Kratika, for providing this solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting Temp File List folder fixed the problem. You saved my day !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only solution that has worked for me. I had to do it more than once, and hopefully, this is not something I have to continue to perform on a regular basis. It seems with this information, Adobe should be able to address the problem and issue an update? I did not experience this on previous versions. Thanks, for posting this solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all ... this finally solved my problem as well.  It's been many weeks of struggling with every site I work on.

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes .. this has worked.  However still one other item ... whenever I switch to working on a different site, the first html file I open takes a considerably long time to open.... doesn't matter if it's a simple page with little content or one with much content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"However still one other item ... whenever I switch to working on a different site, the first html file I open takes a considerably long time to open"

Disable caching in your site definition settings. Each time you switch sites, DW has to rebuild the cache which slows things down.

Go to Site > Manage Sites > Advanced Settings > Local Info.  Remove checkmark from Enable Cache.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. tried that one but, it didn't fix it for me. The other solution was
better in addition to switching to "standard" view.

--
Benjamin
Inception Designs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks .. it worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this same issue - super slow just typing letter to letter, scrolling up or down, etc. After trying all suggestions suggested on this site the issue was finally, totally, and completely resolved by simply rolling back to version 20.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.

Right now I'm rolling back as u said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An added bonus to rolling back is getting the old program icon back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They Can change the colours Only (:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution is a temporary solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

1. close DW

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said it's a temporary fix

Thanks for your hardworking ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Just to add my voice to this issue as it's always a numbers game with support tickets.

I'm also having the same issue. DW 20.2 and Win10. The temp fix of editing the Registry has resolved the issue.

Looking forward to the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this yesterday and it worked for me!  The slowness had gotten to where it was almost unusable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed the problem for me! Thank you. The list was unbelievably long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem and I wanted to add some information for fixing the bug (maybe it's useful).

Since my very first use of Dreamweaver CC on the 13th of July 2020 (it was a fresh installation), typing, removing text, changing the cursor position and auto-completition of code is extremely slow.

I also use Dreamweaver CC 20.2. Before I used CS6, so I cannot tell if it wasn't that slow in DW 20.1. I use only the code view in the default workspace "Developer".

I use a PC with Intel i7 CPU, 32 GB RAM and Windows 10 v1909 x64.

EDIT: Oh, I wanted to add this as reply to the whole thread, not to this posting, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is known problem in latest version.  Did you implement Kratika's correct answer?

1. Close DW.

2. Hold down Windows key + R.

3. Type regedit.

4. Go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020\Temp File List\

5. Delete Temp File List folder after making a backup.

6. Restart DW.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution worked also for me. But it's really only a temporary solution, because the list is filled again within a few hours of working.

But even with an empty list Dreamweaver will not win a price for a fast editor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I fully understand the fix above however I use a MAC. Can you supply similar fix for iOS

Thank you,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly for me. Dreamweaver CC 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the solution! It seemed to have fixed the issue. The super-slow issue has been driven me crazy. Appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines