• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dreamweaver Crash

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, Happy Friday!! Adobe Dreamweaver Version 21.2  Windows 10 just started continuously crashing today. Is this happening to anyone else? These are the things I have tried to correct the problem.

• I rebooted my system.
  • I restarted Adobe Dreamweaver while pushing down the ctrl + shift + alt key to reset all defaults.
  • I use DW just about every day. The problem just started this morning.
  • I cleared my browser cache
  • I looked in Adobe Community support

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it crash at any specific time, like when opening a certain site or file, or is it more of a random shutdown?

You may need to try a few different things...

Site-specific Crashing, you can try...
1. Disable your site cache (Site > Manage Sites > Advanced Settings > Uncheck Enable Cache)
2. Delete the current site definition from Site > Manage Sites, then create a new one from your existing content

For file-specific crashing, try...
1. Open the offending file(s) in another application, like Notepad, and repair any errors found (visit this site to get a listing)
2. With a new/clean file, overwrite the existing file that causes crashing

If it's a random crashing issue, I would uninstall using the CC Cleaner Tool instructions and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,  Happy Friday. To answer your first question. Yes, the site crashes when I am adding CSS font property in split view as well as just in code view using the manage fonts menu. Ok, I did your first 2 recommendations as well as reported the crash to Adobe via the crash notification pop-up box. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for now 

AmySykes_0-1650650218397.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Validate code and fix reported errors.

HTML https://validator.w3.org/

CSS https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately DW doesn't understand CSS variables and, now that it's only minimally maintained, likely never will.

While your usage looks to be correct, it may be the cause of your crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John and Nancy, Happy Monday!

• The Solution: I reinstall the previous version, version 21.1. The crashing has stopped.
  • CSS variables: I kept them. Adobe Dreamweaver does error the CSS variable rules out, but the page displays with the correct style and in jigsaww3.org the css validated without errors.  
  • Jon: Thank you for your help On the Adobe Dreamweaver version 21.2 I did do all the steps you gave me except for the CC Cleaner Tool. The crashing continued. I do appreciate your help. I am just documenting the steps I took here so the Engineers at Adobe can troubleshoot the 21.2 version if need be.
  • Nancy: Thank you for your help. Both the HTML and the CSS did validate in those validators  Following are those links two those reports just in case Adobe Engineers need to review them to help troubleshoot the 21.2 versions  https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=https%3A%2F%2Fcodekrava.com%2Fcss%2Flogin.css&prof...   
  • Bye for now. Thank-you both. Have a happy day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning Jon and Nancy, 

Happy Tuesday. New News. The crashing is occurring on the downgraded Adobe Dreamweaver version 21.1 as well as 21.2. I attempted to downgrade even further and when I did I received a notice from Adobe about Edge Web Fonts being discontinued. Per the links provided yesterday, my CSS and HTML documents have Adobe Edge Web Fonts. I followed the Adobe web instructions on the workaround. Here is the link to those instructions. https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/edge-web-fonts-and-extract-decommissioned.html. and Upgraded Adobe Dreamweaver back up to the latest version 21.2 

AmySykes_0-1650973107907.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it you've replaced your Edge Fonts with comparable replacement fonts at Adobe Fonts or Google Web Fonts?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good Morning! Jon and Nancy,

Sorry for the delayed response.  I ended up doing away with the extra added fonts altogether. My system at this point in time is no longer continuously crashing.

Thank you both for all your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines