• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad Celebrity Website

Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you consider that professional poker player, Phil Hellmuth  --  worth about $50 million and making a tidy annual income from Poker tournaments and writing books, has such an outdated, ill-performing website, it's makes you wonder why he has a website at all.   Check out some photos.  Check out some videos.  Pathetic.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe sometimes things are just there for the sake of being there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The visuals are sick, very poker, very gaming hall... that's already a good thing 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually quite a bit better than most of the "I really don't care about my website" websites that populate the internet.

But yeah, it's pretty bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually when I said, "The visuals are sick", I meant that they are superb, and well in the style... dope!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It reminds me of the kind of typical tired website of the 90s, fairly chaotic layout, mostly uninspiring PR images and not very user friendly in my opinion  BUT shallow visitors look beyind this if money is involved, which being a website about poker l suspect would be one reason to be drawn to such a location.

Not looked at the code myself but from the layout l suspect it could be using tables for layout, which could account for some of the weird extra spacing and positioning of elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No tables.  Just a sad old, non-responsive WP theme that isn't getting much love these days.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No tables.  Just a sad old, non-responsive WP theme that isn't getting much love these days.

By @Nancy OShea

Oh right, that surprises me.........I couldn't be bothered to look at the code myself to find out what workflow was being used, it looks so dated. Not sure what all the additional empty space is about on the homepage, the block of information at the extreme botton right hand corner should I assume be at the top, just poor implementation I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2024 Sep 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It’s surprising that someone as successful as Phil Hellmuth, with such a big name in poker, has a website that feels so outdated and poorly maintained. You’d expect a polished, high-performing site that matches his status. Hopefully, he invests in a better online presence soon—it’d really complement his brand!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines