• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Bars in Email Signature

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the graphic designer for a company. I know my way around Photoshop/Illustrator/inDesign... but have had issues when tasked with creating the company's email signature using Dreamweaver (I am not a coder).

Because I have no real knowledge of coding, I used an HTML signature template when asked to make our signature. But I sometimes get complaints from coworkers about issues with their signature. This is very stressful, as I really don't know Dreamweaver enough to troubleshoot or recognize issues and understand what's going on. I would greatly appreciate some insight from coders into what's going on and how to fix it.

In this case, someone has come to me complaining about black bars in their email signature that appear after exchanging a few emails. I've attached images of what the signature should look like, vs how theirs appears with the black bars (identifying information has been blurred out). 

Please let me know if you have any idea why these black bars appear and how to fix them! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dreamweaver is for making websites and web apps, not e-mail signatures.

Use a special online generator to create compatible signatures for various e-mail clients and online systems.

This one works with HubSpot, Gmail, Outlook, Apple Mail, Yahoo Mail, and more.  A Google search will reveal others.

https://www.hubspot.com/email-signature-generator

Black bars could be caused by e-mail filtering software on the reciever's end.  There's nothing much you can do about that.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines