• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bootstrap vOLD AS HELL

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... last year it was perfectly fine for all the "Bootstrap 5 is still in alpha ... just be patient" posts.

Now we have a Boostrap that FOUR versions old.

FOUR.

And if you're starting a new project,  you'd have to be braindead to accept v4.4.1 of Bootstrap when there's a replacement that doesn't require jQuery (unless you already require jQuery for some other reason).

I've been doing this long enough to know that being pissed off isn't going to increase the speed of Adobe programmers... but it sure does make be feel better to vent.  There.  Done.

Cheers ~ jp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with the rant.

There are workarounds and even other IDE's that have updated versions.

My contribution which makes me feel better.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... last year it was perfectly fine for all the "Bootstrap 5 is still in alpha ... just be patient" posts.

Now we have a Boostrap that FOUR versions old.

FOUR.

And if you're starting a new project,  you'd have to be braindead to accept v4.4.1 of Bootstrap when there's a replacement that doesn't require jQuery (unless you already require jQuery for some other reason).

I've been doing this long enough to know that being pissed off isn't going to increase the speed of Adobe programmers... but it sure does make be feel better to vent.  There.  Done.

Cheers ~ jp

By @PerryCodes

Use another IDE or editor, Dreamweaver is as good as dead, even Adobe recognise that. You're using a product that isnt going anywhere, so in your own words you must be 'brain dead'. No offence intended, just time to move on I personally think and stop living in the past. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be proactive.  There's nothing preventing you from accessing & using Bootstrap 5x (or whatever) if it suits your workflow.

https://www.bootstrapcdn.com/

Ultimately, Dreamweaver is merely a code editor. I've never been married to the script versions provided inside Dreamweaver except for demonstration purposes in this user-to-user forum.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of Dreamweaver users would l assume be reliant on inserting Bootstrap components and applying Bootstrap classes via the UI, so they are stuck with v4, v5 is not an option for them which would need a manual workflow approach. Other editors, which have not exceeded their sell by date, have already included Bootstrap v5 as an option to use via the UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO, anyone incapable of coding manually should NOT be using Bootstrap in Dreamweaver.  They'd be much better off on a CMS platform like WordPress, Webflow or Wix. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I guess Dreamweaver is just for coders, even coders can take advantage of up-to-date Bootstrap 5 components, snippets and classes in many other advanced editors, without having to keep jumping over to the Bootstrap website or building their own. It's outrageous that a premium priced product should be this far behind....at least give it away, like VS Code, if its worth nothing, which is the message Adobe seems to be suggesting, or at least substantially reduce the price to reflect its worth compared to other editors, which are being fully maintained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I guess Dreamweaver is just for coders...

=======

Osgood, I've been saying that for years.  😈

But in all fairness, when a Bootstrap 5 stylesheet is attached to the document, new classes auto populate to the Properties Panel.  As for Bootstrap Components, many if not most can be found in the Snippets Panel.  And of course all Snippets can be modified and upgraded  as desired.  I do it all the time.  😁

image.png

So while DW is only minimally maintained now, as a coding tool it's flexible enough to be used well into the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once an editor is shown no love any longer by its creator or maintainer that signifies to me its time to move on as it goes backwards from that point onwards and becomes a marginal player, probably only used by either those that don't like change, those in the twilight of their journey or those that aren't hugely serious about web development. In a professional capacity you certainly wouldn't pay to use it unless it just happened to come as part of a package in which there are other products that you need to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines