• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can i use a bootstrap template in Dreamweaver?

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to buy a bootstrap template that comes with everything apparently. I wanted to know before I bought this if all codes and functionality works in Dreamweaver, how compatible are them? Does anyone know? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Hi CaroCF89,

See this tutorial http://www.dmxzone.com/go/21757/discover-the-magic-of-twitter-bootstrap-in-dreamweaver/ for using bootstrap with DW.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CaroCF89,

See this tutorial http://www.dmxzone.com/go/21757/discover-the-magic-of-twitter-bootstrap-in-dreamweaver/ for using bootstrap with DW.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to buy Bootstrap.  It's freely available online.

http://www.initializr.com/

In addition, DMX Zone offers a free Bootstrap Extension for DW.  This allows you to create your own custom layouts in DW.

http://www.dmxzone.com/go/21759/dmxzone-bootstrap/

Commercial Templates are often complex to edit and a bit dicey to work with even by experienced coders.  If you build your own -- with or without a framework, you'll better understand what everything does.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...yeah i was about to buy this package deal

http://www.mightydeals.com/deal/gt3themes-bootstrap-templates.html

But that's why i wanted to ask first...

Thanks for the help. I'll do my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i'm trying to build a new website

reading and searching i've found your post, which i found very interesting, the bootstrap stuff

so i've downloaded   initializr-bootstrap  and the DMX extension for DW, do i need to use the together ? don't understand the DMX, is that a sort of package to buy and add to DW?

i want to make a responsive website with a full-size background slider, i found this page as a starting point good for my case http://getbootstrap.com/examples/jumbotron/

but i'm not a coder or a good web designer i try to umderstand watching other page codes etc..

my web site is for a Hotel and will have a lot of pages,

in your opinion is bootstrap good for multiple pages websites or is best for single pages website?

i want to have a responsive multiple pages website, that is my goal , but i don't know which is the best way for me, i was looking also at fluid grid in DW

sorry for all these questions!

thank you

Roberto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nancy! This was helpful.

edit: I will note I needed to download Extension Manager CC in order to install it.

Also, does anyone have an answer to Roberto's (sleek's) question re: multiple-page sites?

-t

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bootstrap is simply a mobile first responsive framework -- albeit a very good one with plenty of built-in classes for things like carousel sliders, responsive navigation, and other cool stuff.  It is not a web site, though.   That's where the web designer/developer comes in.

You can create however many web pages you need in DW with File > SaveAs.  I'm currently using Bootstrap on several projects -- for sites that have approx 50 pages each.

If you anticipate your site exceeding 50 pages, you need to explore dynamic web development with SQL databases and server-side code (PHP, ASP, etc...).  Bootstrap layouts can be used with dynamically driven content.  In fact many WordPress & Joomla Themes are built with Bootstrap now.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancy O. wrote:

Commercial Templates are often complex to edit and a bit dicey to work with even by experienced coders.  If you build your own -- with or without a framework, you'll better understand what everything does.

Absolutely right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines