• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use the CSS fr Unit on Dreamweaver? (Unexpected token '1fr' at line 251, col8.)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just annoying. 600+ lines of CSS and this is the only error I have. Other people have also been complaining about this issue for a long time now so it's probably Dreamweaver not recognising fr units for some reason.

error.PNG

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

You can turn off linting if you cannot stand to ignore the so-called error.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn off linting if you cannot stand to ignore the so-called error.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, will do for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of editors are way behind in terms of forward thinking workflows/css. I'm surprised at DW though as it should be ontop of it given the companies resources, smaller companies or independent software developers can somewhat be forgiven.

For what its worth NO editor gets linting absolutely correct, some are better than other BUT NONE are perfect. I would either live with the non-errors (which agreed can be annoying) or turn linting off and maybe check with the W3c validator but I dont know if that is up to scratch these days given the numerous frameworks being used, which are likely to throw errors.

Good to see you are embracing grid though, its exactly the right way to go! Bought a smile to my face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You! I'll just toggle linting for now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a known bug in DW that Adobe has been aware of for well over a year. The earliest "fr units cause problems" post I see in the official bug report forum is from January 2018.

It appears the bug doesn't show itself when written into <style> tags in the <head> of an html document, but still occurs within an external .css file in the latest DW CC 2020.

So close Adobe... so close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I have the same issue but does anyone know a substitute value or a way to replace 'fr' so DW can read it when we put grid-template: 'value'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dreamweaver "reads" fr just fine. That is, you can use fr and it works without any problem. The issue that it shows up as a error with a red line number. That's annoying but not a show-stopper. Don't change the proper code to try to get DW to not see it as an error. Just ignore all of DW's backtalk on the fr unit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines