• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we buy a lifetime license of the last version ?

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, be-fore it was possible to buy a version of ap-plication for life-time, but now in store we have only monthly and annual sub-scription... I want to know if it's possible in a manner to buy Dream-weaver CC or pre-vious version like CS5, with lifetime license ?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html

Technically speaking, no commercial software (not just Adobe's) is "sold outright". You buy a licence that allows you to use it under the terms of a legal agreement that's so long most people never read it. In the case of CS6 and earlier, the licence is perpetual, so you can run it for as long as it still works.

Although some people don't like the Creative Cloud subscription model, the number of subscribers is now nearly 4 milli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested PineGrow and I don't like it,

the interface is strange,

and since I use it pro table,

I don't like it because I don't find any easy way to add a column or row, or to move a column or row one left or right and up or down…

And also, we need to pay pro it… After five day of use…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only like that because choice has been removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically Adbe found a way to earn more money on people forgeting to cancel theire subscriptions this is why they are doing it , Life time licence , they only get the basic one time payment , so are adobe nothing more that a money grabing company , well in the old days i would have said no do to you could pay for a lifetime licence , but now i have to say yes , i had a long chat with adobe employees about this topic i do beleave the right term for do force subcriptions should be Entrapment , Humans tend to forget about subscriptions even long after they done using the software / games / move streams ect..  so the result is the companys that do thease "solutions" make money of somthing people forget to cancel , to me the word for that is Entrapment , i do understand why they do it its always nice to make more money , but on the ground they make the money is where i call them out , thay lost me a customer becouse of this subscription crap they are doing , i tryd to get a Lifetime licens for Photoshop and Lightroom , but  sale persons will not sell me one , this tell me they know that if they sell me a life time licence that they wont make "free money" when i dont use the software anymore becouse i dont have subscriptions , and that is the only reason why they dont offer the life time licence anymore , they  try to hide behinde the "we dont offer lifetime licence , but it can create confusing on what people is buying " well do that mean they should have the option if you contact theire sales Department , no , so we are back to the company just want to make more money on a good product , but to me thats a no go i want to buy a full life time licence for the software i use when im making film and photos , so i cancel Photoshop and Lightroom , becouse i will pay alot money in subscriptions than the software is worth so to me thats a no go , i tend to forget stuff and subscriptions are one of them things i forget , so no more Adobe related software for me unless they give me the life time licence option like Infinity Photo gave me ... Sorry Adobe but what you as company do is distastefull and shouldnt be allowed, fair enough that the montly subscription gives an option to people that can not buy a full life time licence , but remove the option to buy thease life time licences are just wrong and distaste full no matter how good you software is , im not gonna do subscripts with you , So give us back lifetime licence . i will be traped in this subscriptions like what you ( adobe )  are doing .. until you give us the option for life time licens back you wont have me as an customer  !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to 2021. Screw whoever you can, however you can, whenever you can, as many times as you can - seems to be the mandate for success.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Hexxas,

1. You resurrected a very old topic. Adobe ended Creative Suite in 2012 with the release of CS6.  That was the end of thousand dollar suites of software.

2. There is no such thing as a "lifetime license" and there never was.  All software had an expected life of 3-5 years after which you were expected to buy the new upgrade version.

3. Adobe will never go back to the old system. It doesn't make sense to.  The monthly subscription price for 51 apps & services is much more affordable for customers.  15 million subscribers agree.

You can subscribe to Creative Cloud or not, your choice.  But don't hold your breath waiting for something that will never happen.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines