• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we setup that target="_blank" as the default for all hyperlinks? <base target...not working LMS

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be setup in DW, that when I create a hyperlink, the DEFAULT is to add target="_blank"? I need this desperately and the <base target... is not working within the LMS I use. Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Code

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way to do it within the Properties window itself or within the program files, that I'm aware of. I bet if the right program file could be found, setting the target autommatically might be possible, but I wouldn't know where to start looking.

You could set up a "Targeted Link" Snippet in DWCC2015 and earlier, or DWCC2020 and newer, to do it though...

1. In the Snippets window, click the New Snippet button
2. In the dialogue that comes up, give the Snippet a name
3. Make sure Wrap Selection is chosen for Snippet Type
4. Add: <a href="#" target="_blank"> to the Insert Before field
5. Add: </a> to the Insert After field
6. Hit OK

Select the item or text you want to add a link to and then doubleclick the Snippet. You then add the actual link as normal in the Properties window (replacing the # symbol). In CC2015 and earlier, you can also link the Snippet to a Keyboard Shortcut. That is not possible in CC2020+ however.

Another option would be to add the target info after all of your links have been created using the Find & Replace Tool, but that would get pretty muddy if you already have some targets set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See my reply to your other post on the same topic.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver/dreamweaver-defalut-target-blank-hyperlinks/m-p/10859358#...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines