Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot launch Photoshop from within Dreamweaver on Mac

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I try to edit a photo by launching Photoshop within Dreamweaver (right click on photo, choose Open) I ma being told that Photoshop 2018 cannot be found:Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 6.05.08 PM.png

I don't have 2018 0n my system, and in my preferences I have it set up as 2019, the version that is on my system. In addition, I have 8 gig of ram, and about 80 gig free hard drive space, so I don't think it's a memory issue either:

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 6.13.39 PM.png

And it doesn't matter how many times I reboot, relaunch, reload, or reinstall. And the path is correct, since in order to pick the program at all I have to navigate to the executable on my hard drive to choose it.

Any ideas? I've gotten really tired of paying a huge monthly fee for a program that has a new array of issues, as well as most of the old ones, with every update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

I use Windows without any problems.

Have you reached out to Adobe  support?

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close Dreamweaver.
  2. Restore Preferences. 
    Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.
  3. Launch Photoshop 2019 from your desktop icon before you open DW.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was done when I reinstalled the program.
Amazing that an issue from the 2014 edition is STILL an issue with a complicated fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installing doesn't restore preferences unless you  ran the Adobe Cleaner tool. 

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. So after struggling with this for half the day I get to spend the half the night wiping things yet again and starting over because the program decided to spontaneously malfunction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience may be different from yours but I have no complaints about DW 2019 on Win10.

On the other hand, Photoshop 2019 does have known bugs.  So for now, I am still using the 2017 version.

Known issues in Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a nightmare on Mac for a very long time. Right now I have an error that I corrected, but the error message just hangs there and scrolls up and down as I do. I have to close out the file and relaunch to get it to go away.

Look:

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 8.01.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After correcting your code error did you hit Ctrl / Cmd+S to save and F5 or Refresh button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. More than once. It just stays there, in your way, until you close and relaunch the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

barbrab  wrote

Yes. More than once. It just stays there, in your way, until you close and relaunch the file.

Dont tell everyone - I hear Adobe will charge extra if they find out you are using one of their highly sought after extra options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting... Never had this happen on any of my Windows machines, but used to happen on my MBP back in early OSX days. Is your OS up to date? Can you temporarily see if it does it with an installation of a previous version (you can run multiple versions - each takes about 3GB)?

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the current version and no, I have not reinstalled previous operating systems to see if it happens there too. I'm neither a software developer, nor a Dreamweaver developer, and it's not my job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a CC Subscriber, you have access to all versions of DW since CC came out (all the way back to CS6 Cloud) and can have all of them installed on your machines at the same time, under the subscription license. The only real limitation is they won't run concurrently.

To install an older version...

1. Open the CC Desktop App
2. Click the Apps tab
3. Click the small arrow icon next to DW's Install/Update/Open button
4. Choose Manage
5. Choose Other Versions
6. Click the last version that worked correctly for you and install

In the future, make sure the "Remove Older Versions" checkbox is turned off in the Advanced Options inside DW's installer dialogue window. That way, you can make sure the new version works as expected without losing your ability to function efficiently.

That will at least allow you to get work done while troubleshooting continues. Personally, I use CC2015 for development and have 2019 installed to get familiar with it. I never used 2018 for production (far too buggy) but 2019 has been much better. I'm actually considering using it for production. It's the first version since 2015 that has made it to that step in my process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, it doesn't take developer skills to revert to a previous version of DW.    If you don't have a previous version installed anymore,  open CC Desktop App, scroll down to Dreamweaver and click on Manage >  Older Versions.  See screenshot.

Pick one from the list and install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She's talking about previous editions of the Mac OS, not Adobe.
I already went back to using CS6 for almost a year because of the issues with the fans with running overtime that went on for more than a year.
I find it interesting that every time we mac users struggle with this program the answer is to use something older that did work. I pay a huge amount of money for this service. I own CS6, but I can't even drop my subscription and go back to that because they charge you a couple of hundred dollars to do that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows without any problems.

Have you reached out to Adobe  support?

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your description/ image helped me to correct my situation. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines