• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code View Blank in DW 2017

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it while using Dreamweaver 2017 that when editing pages sometimes between 2-30 in dreamweaver the code view will randomly be a blank grey block with no code inside even though there is code and design view shows there's stuff? I've tried reinstalling it completely to trying it on a brand new mac book ( literally days old ) and this issue STILL happens. The Os is Sierra 10.12.3 if that helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

I checked with the team and they have logged a bug for this issue to be fixed in a future update. Stay tuned. Apologize for the frustration until the fix is released.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying these out Frank and sorry that these didn't help. Further to this, we request you to share the screen through remote login to us so that we can investigate the issue live and resolve the issue immediately.

You can write to me on kankariy@adobe.com with your machine details to connect whenever possible.

Thanks,

Nayan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Frank,

We need your help in investigating this issue as this is consistently seen on your machine and not reproducible in-house. Request you to come over Connect for further investigation of the issue.

Thanks,

Nayan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching for fixes online reveals several threads where people experienced the same issue. I myself found that restarting DW 2017, whenever this occurred, fixed the issue. This issue was more prevalent in DW 2018. I am now in v18.2 (10165 build) and I am unable to view code for any file type in (even when creating a new file) in a code-view or split-view and restarting DW does not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restore Preferences.

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy, but I have tried this too. As my issue relates to DW CC2018 (18.2) I set up a new thread here: #10545792 with a screen capture video of the issue. There is another thread here with someone else experiencing the issue; #10421408

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't duplicate posts.  It's confusing for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue in 2018 on Mac. Ugggh First 2019 kept crashing so I decided to use 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is. 11/14/19. Still having this same issue. It seems like Dreamweaver is usually having issues when the file is set to XHTML transitional 1.0. 

It has been working fine for a few months. But now Live view is blank again. Having to look at Design view, hurts my soul. Alignment is off, tables and buttons are crazy looking. I feel like I'm on a crazy train that keeps traveling back to 2007. Expanded tables view bro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have a scant few XHTML documents I work with in Design and Live view without problems.   When rendering fails, it's often code related. Even small errors can wreak havoc in some modern browsers.  Live View is no different as it is a Chrome rendering engine. 

Online Validation Services

https://validator.w3.org/

https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

junk.jpg

For me it is now 15/11/2019 and HTML 5 has been the norm for over 5 years.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of the software are you having the issue with?

If you're still using CC2017, the problem is never going to go away. That version is no longer being upddated. There were a couple dot releases and then Adobe moved on to CC2018, 2019 and now 2020. Once they've moved forward a full release, they stop making changes to the older software and consider them pretty much EOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on CC2020. I am having lots of issues though after updating to Catalina. I can not cmnd+O or go to file Open and open files. If I open a new file, I can not save. Save As never works. I can only open files, edit them and save them. Crazy, how it's just that one file. All others are working fine. And there are two version of that file, one works, one doesn't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina is a mess for a lot of people.  Can you open the problem file in another code editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened it in a fiddle https://jsfiddle.net/kiloj757/sguzkmqr/

I am coding emails, so it is relatively simple.

What editor do you use besides Dreamweaver? Tried to download a different one, but it was not compatible with Catalina!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What has worked for me, at least so far, is to save the file, close it, re-open it and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines