• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connect to remote server

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have liked a Swedish forum for my question as I use Dreamweaver in Swedish. Well, maybe there is someone who can read Swedish that can help me.

When I try to connect to the remote server I get this messange that it can't be done. I have the same settings as always and this error message has never occurred before. Is the problem with me (and my computer) or with the owner of the website? I don't know here to start...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you've turned off any firewall that might be interfering with the transfer.

That being said, have you tried using a dedicated FTP program like the free Filezilla Client?

If it doesn't work from there, the problem would be at the hosting level. You'll need to contact them and see if they've changed a setting recently that's keeping DW from connecting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't turned the firewall on or off.

Yes, FireZilla is an option, but I was hoping uploading the files directly from DW was going to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Which version of Dreamweaver do you have?

2. Which operating system?

3. Have you ever connected to this server before from this computer and DW version? 

4. Are you sure you have the correct FTP log-in credentials and remote directory for this hosting plan?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Adobe Dreamweaver 2021 (21.3)

2. MacOS Catalina (old, but I have to change to a new hard drive to be able to upgrade to the most recent OS – will do soon)

3.Yes, many times without any problems.

4. I have been updating this website for a client for many years and always had the same settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Which version of DW were you connecting with previously?

2. Can you connect with a free S/FTP client like FileZilla?

If you can't connect with FileZilla, perhaps something changed on the server's end.

NOTE:  GoDaddy is notorious for changing server settings and not informing their customers.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jessling,

Thanks for writing to us. Can you please try below options and see if you are able to connect to the FTP server.

1. Please confirm the server connection protocol FTP/SFTP/FTPs ?
  2. As you mentioned you were able to connect earlier, please confirm if the Dw version is 21.3 where the connection was successful. If yes, you should contact remote site's hosting provider if they have made any changes to your server protocols, ciphers, folder paths etc.
  3. Please try changing site's FTP address "ftp.mydomain.com" and try connecting.
  4. Please try changing site's FTP address as "username@hostname" and try connecting.
  5. In case you are connecting via numerical IP address, try changing to the domain address and try connecting. Also try vice versa scenario.
  6. Please try turning off the checkbox at  Site > Manage Site > Servers > Remote Servers > More Options > Turn off "Use Passive FTP".

There could be a possibility of any backend changes at your hosting provider or Internet Service Provider which can lead to the connection issue. Please see if you can also connect to your hosting providers and ISP for troubleshooting the behavior since the issue started happening recently. Accordingly, we can further investigate and try resolving the issue.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines