• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing Dreamweaver - Annoying the hell out of me...

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver CC21

Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.2,

2 TB Solid State SATA drive

iMac (Retina 5K, 27" Late 2015)

3.3 GHz Quad core, 24 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon M395 2 GB

This is a problem that I have had for a fair few months and it first appearded on the previous version of DW as well.

The app crashes when I close a html page I have been working on. It is very common if I have 4 or 5 pages open at the same time, but this is not exclusive.

I have deleated the app an dreinstalled from Creative Cloud. I have Shift+Command+Option and cleared preferences on start up and I have also removed the entire mac preference folder content as well.

What else can I try. I think its Adobe not me! Anyone else suffer this?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @aytonwest,

Thanks for writing to us, we apologize for the inconvinience caused. Please confirm if you are on latest Dw 21.2 version. Also, can you please provide below info for further investigating the issue.

1. Please confirm if the crash is consistently seen on your Mac machine.
  2. Is the crash observed while clicking on 'x' button of the file from Document toolbar. If yes, can you please try closing the file via keyboard shortcut(Cmd+W) or via File menu -> Close and confirm if the crash is observed.

3. Please confirm if you had submitted the crash to us which can be done via the Adobe Crash reporter dialog which gets invoked after Dw crashes. Once we have the crash log, we can further investigate the issue at our end.

Also it would be great if we can have a remote connect session (details sent via private message) to further debug the issue and try fixing the issue on your Mac machine.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,
Nayan
Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nayan.

I would be more than happy to have a remote connect session. Just send over the details.

1. I have only had this on my Mac as its the only machine I use.

2. It happens when I cmd+w to close. I rarely use any other method so I cannot recal if this happens if I click the X or File - Close.

3. I always submit the crash report, yes. Not always ad my own message though.

Thanks

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

Thanks for reverting on this with the confirmation on submitting the crash report. We could not fetch the crash details with your email address, can you please re-submit the crash and confirm once submitted. We have written to you in a private email for the remote connect session. We shall debug the issue in the session, and try fixing the issue or collect the requried info and accordingly take this forward.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I resubmit the crash report?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

Please re-submit the crash report if the crash is observed again on your machine. Please fill in the email address while submitting the crash via Adobe Crash Reporter dialog.

Thanks,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help today. Really impressed with the service. J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a fellow Mac user, a few additional things I would recommend. First, if you un-installed/re-installed did you use the CC Cleaner tool to remove all remnants of the app ( https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html )?  Also being that your computer has been through many upgrades, can you try replicating the issue in a secondary user account?  If you are unable to re-create the issue in a new user account you may need to consider migration of the user account as there could be corruption of the user account on the OS level. This happened to me many versions back and since that change I haven't had any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I will try this. Thank you. 

I was with Adobe for about 21/2 hours this morning as they monitered my work and witnessed the cashes. Still looking into it but that was proper service!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So tried the cleaning tool. Made no difference. Will try the new account. Ill let you know. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines