• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating and sending a responsive HTML email created in Dreamweaver

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to dreamweaver, I know there are sites out there to use like mail chimp etc, but as I have all the Adobe programmes I want to be able to do it myself...I don't want to give up!

I have managed to begin designing my email so far using the 'responsive' email template. But before I continue down this path... I want to work out how you send it once its created.

I will be sending the email through Outlook once it is made.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Once your email is designed, use a service like constantcontact.com or icontact.com.

It's not that you'd be "giving up" by using a service. If you have a large email list, you almost have to use one to avoid having your personal/company email black-listed by corporate filters as a spammer.

Those services also already understand the subtle nuances of html display within the various email clients (they vary wildly) and have templates that hold up incredibly well between the majority of them.

Here's a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once your email is designed, use a service like constantcontact.com or icontact.com.

It's not that you'd be "giving up" by using a service. If you have a large email list, you almost have to use one to avoid having your personal/company email black-listed by corporate filters as a spammer.

Those services also already understand the subtle nuances of html display within the various email clients (they vary wildly) and have templates that hold up incredibly well between the majority of them.

Here's a very good resource by one of the contributors here (Nancy O): HTML E-Mail & Newsletter Blasts - https://alt-web.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you begin give up on Outlook already please!  Dreamweaver can certainly help you send custom emails through Mailchimp or another ESP and you can do it yourself, but if you are sending through Outlook that is like taking 20 steps backwards from what the ESPs offer.  So when you are done coding, take your email to Mailchimp or another provider and send using them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outlook is personal email software, not suitable for sending bulk emails.   

Use an email service --  Mailchimp, ConstantContact, iContact, CampaignMonitor, etc.... or get dedicated bulk email sending software.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the rest I think you are better advised to be using an online service such as the ones already mentioned. They have good facilities for building mailing lists, opt out links, click through link information, percentage of emails opened etc, just much more managable plus I think some still offer a free service if the number of emails you are sending out is below a set level.

You can do it yourself if you know some simple php by looping through your email list which you would store in a database.......but there's no real advantage other than it costs you nothing. My view though is if you acting on behalf of a client then they should have a budget to allow you to use the most efficient and economical solution, which would be one of the online providers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have often thought about using an ESP to send the emails, rather than through Outlook (2010), but when doing that, do you have to place the distribution list on their server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're looking to do this specifically for internal communications, I would recommend a tool like ContactMonkey. The tool lives right within your Outlook and Gmail, and there's no requirement to include an "Unsubscribe" button, so you can ensure that all of your employees at least receive it. Your security is amped up because it comes right from your inbox, as well, lowering the risk of getting caught in Spam filters. Even if you built the templates elsewhere, rather than using their email template builder, it's still compatible. 

If you'd like to see how it works for Outlook, here's a blog post they wrote on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have a go at making all the tables and images strict width.

I have used Dreamweaver in the past to create templates for sending emails but it is a long process as they have to be tested for how they render in lots of browsers and email programs as well as checking image links and hyperlinks are working correctly.

Using a service like Email on acid or Litmus helps in the preview process  and sends an email for you to check in your own inboxes.

There is an Adobe service called Marketo which links in with Litmus for Preview testing. Pricing goes on your contact list size.

- "Good English is an Art."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This question was asked & answered 2 years ago.  Not sure why it was resurrected now...

"You could have a go at making all the tables and images strict width."

Given how many different sized devices people use nowadays, do you really think that's a good recommendation?

Mailchimp & Litmus have 100+ industry-tested, responsive email marketing templates:

A Google search will reveal others.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines