• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

css position sticky/flex

LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else noticed css position sticky doesnt work when display: flex; is involved?

Simple example would be a:

<div>

<div>sidebar</div><div>content</div>

</div>

where both child <divs> are inside a wrapper <div> which is set to display: flex;

Setting position sticky on the sidebar <div> does nothing BUT if you ditch display: flex; and use the old float method to align the child <divs> next to each other, position sticky works fine.

Any work around for flex, haven't really looked too deeply into it, being lazy, as per usual.

Os

Edited: Same applies if css grid is used.

Edited. Ok a quick Google search came up with adding align-self: flex-start; to the container, which has sticky applied!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that. Adhering to that advice will save me hours of debugging a sticky problem.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BenPleysier  wrote

Thank you for that. Adhering to that advice will save me hours of debugging a sticky problem.

Apathy has set in today, for some reason. Thats how it is, you go from solving something relatively complex to not being able to align 2 divs side by side and make one sticky..............I'm doomed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines