• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design View Disappeared in CC 2014.1

Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing a site in "Managed Site" mode... ONLY the "LIVE" view button is available. When I edit a page that is not part of a "Managed Site", then the Design & Live view dropdown has both options. I still want "Design View" when editing a "Managed Site"

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not 1995, people aren't so excited about paying to be beta testers nowadayz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you soooo dang much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I am taking an online class that follows the textbook "Dreamweaver Revealed" pretty closely. I'm frustrated to the point of tears over this. Right now i'm trying to create a hotspot in chapter 5, but, oops, no Design View. Live View is no help, it does not give me the hotspot tools, nor the ability to work visually. I'm going to try removing those lines and see if it will help, but even if it does, this is unacceptable in a program this expensive.

FIX IT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design view hasn't been removed except in FGLayouts.  So don't use FGLayouts for your assignments.  Instead, go to  File > New > Blank page > HTML.  Select a starter Layout from the 3rd panel and hit Create button.  Voila!  Design View is again available for making image map hotspots.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try creating an email newsletter -- you'll find yourself using old HTML software if you want to get it done properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha - sorry Adobe; but you want people to roll BACK to an older version of your software in order to use components they want to use? But what about fixes/bugs/updates included in the rollout that will now not be included?

I'm following this video tutorial on helpx.adobe.com - yes your own website - about the new fluid grid layouts as I've been away from Dreamweaver for a while.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/how-to/dreamweaver-new-fluid-grid-layouts.html

In the video, it has Code | Split | Design | Live in the menu. I followed the authors commands to the word to ensure I was doing this correctly and Design does not appear. I am a coder so prefer to see the code than use Design Views but being new to the CC world and all the new changes I am following your own tutorial to make sure I'm up to speed. But it's impossible to follow it correctly with this functionality removed.

We've installed Creative Cloud and in the past month we've had to roll back 3 products to their previous version in order to Recover functionality that we require or is needed in other Adobe products (FLV output for example).

It is poor business practice for a company to ask its users to go back to an older version. How long would BMW or Audi sell new cars if they stopped producing manual gear shift in future cars and told their customers "If you want manual shift, go and buy an old Audi/BMW"? You're asking us to do the same thing.

If it is not broken, don't try to fix it. At least give us the option to include the Design View back in to the latest version WITHOUT having to rollback to out dated software.

thanks

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Design View all the time in my workflow (I only create FG sites). DW CC2014 operates very fast while I update/maintain these sites with content. I just can't seem to move through site/page editing with any efficiency using Dreamweaver CC 2015 today. It is still slow, repetitive, and cumbersome.

So, ironically, I rarely use Design View to design, but to update and enter content. I was really hoping some version of a design view would be brought back in the 2015 version, but guess not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design View is gone for Fluid Grid Layouts but it appears that they're phasing out FGLs in favor of Bootstrap. You'll notice if you try to create a new FGL in CC 2015, it now calls them "Legacy Fluid Grid Layouts" and nudges you toward the built in Bootstrap capabilities which are much more powerful than FGL (and hopefully, less glitchy).

While working in Bootstrap, both Live and Design Views are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jon. Helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have stumbled across a work-around. We use a fluid media CSS for our responsive sites. I moved the CSS out of the local file structure and relinked the CSS using an absolute link. I updated the CSS link in my HTML page, saved the page, and reopened it. I was then able to use the Design View.

This did not allow access to Design View:

<link href="css_folder/syle.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

This allowed access to the Design View:

<link href="http://www.mywebsite.com//css_folder/syle.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

I hope this works for some of you that are as frustrated as I am/was.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other workaround is to put an X in the FluidGrid.css file (whatever you named it).

Dreamweaver Fluid Grid Properties
----------------------------------
dw-num-cols-mobile:  X 4;
dw-num-cols-tablet:    8;
dw-num-cols-desktop:12;
dw-gutter-percentage:25;

=====================================

This tricks DW CC into thinking it's a normal layout.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This upgrade threw me into a rage. I was amidst deadlines and I couldn't use the design view. I can write html so I had it covered, short of that I had to install the 2014 version. Thanks to the link from Jon Fritz ll. Wow what is the world has gone wrong with Adobe!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's going to sound like a no-brainer now that you've been bitten by it, but you should have a second computer to test the latest and greatest Adobe products on before making any changes to your production machine.

It would appear that, possibly to rationalize a subscription delivery method and monthly payments into perpetuity, Adobe is going to be making "larger changes, faster" than they had in the past. Paying the up-front cost to have a second box to test the programs on will ultimately have far less affect on your bottom line than wasting an untold number of billable hours trying to find workarounds for changes that crop up after various updates throughout the year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or do what I do and avoid upgrades until you have some time to properly assess the new product & its potential impact on your workflow.  Looming deadlines take priority over everything else.  Upgrades can wait.  Your under no obligation to install Creative Cloud updates/upgrades until you're ready for them.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I have used Dreamweaver 2014 before and had it down, but now I am also operating on a crack pot Windows 8 so none of my right clicks work i.e. adding a row to a table, etc. is totally impossible short of hard coding. Even then, again, I am using Dreamweaver 2014 now, I am still getting these live view prompts. I am thinking maybe that I need to completely uninstall 2015 or both and then download 2014 and re-install. Something is definately off with my 2014 download as it is overwriting even my hard code settings. &)()(^*^^@!#*^%#~^)(~$*&^

HELLO ADOBE... I really like Photoshop, but you are out of your element with Dreamweaver. You are not a web design or web publishing company!!!

I would love to get back to my long lost Macromedia Dreamweaver. That was wonderful product.

Short of a computer crash, I would have on time and budget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall older versions via the Creative Cloud Desktop App: How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

You can have 4 total versions installed under a single subscription (DWCS6, DWCC, DWCC2014 and DWCC2015), they just won't run at the same time.

DWCC2015 has some major improvements over 2014, some of the changes have been a bit jarring for some people, but all in all, I think it's a stronger program. Fluid Grids appear to be on their way out, being given the "Legacy" title and having the much more powerful Bootstrap framework introduced (which does give you design view and the normal table editing features you're used to).

If you have to stay with FGLs, make sure to add the X as Nancy mentioned, to the .css file so you can get back to Design View via the Live/Design dropdown menu.

Overwriting of code is usually caused by code errors and code rewrite settings not getting along. If you have a specific example, it might be a good idea to start a new thread about it, there may be a simple solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines