• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difficult to keep track of who/what has been posted in forum

LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's early doors but my observation so far is its very difficult to keep track of what or who has posted/responded to a thread. I've only just picked up responses that were posted 3hrs ago because the 'response' posts do not lift the thread to the top of the 'latest' list. The original post stays where it originally was and consumes the responses 'silently'. This means if anyone responds to a post, in a lot of instances, it will most likely never be viewed/acknowledged.

The only way it seems of identifying if any responses have been added to a post is by keeping an eye on the number of 'replies'. But if you are contributing to a few threads this is difficult to keep track of.

I haven't explored what is under the icons in the top right corner yet, maybe something up there which provides a better insight to what's happening.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of usability problems, such as the lack of any method of knowing if a post has been replied to, and more importantly where the reply is. If someone replies to a specific post, then it creates a sub-group, but there is no indication which post should be expanded to read a new reply.

Then we come to the problem of not having the full editor with sub-posts. The menu for selecting what posts are displayed and in what order, should be 'sticky', and not keep defaulting to 'Relevance', as only the individual knows what is relevant.

It's early days yet though, and they are probably hoping for feadback on what is required. The main problems will possibly be that every forum will/may have differing requirements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly never thought I'd say this, but:  I am pining for the days the forums were on Jive.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@osgood,

Look at your notifications (bell icon) from time to time.   My advice at this point is always use the topmost blue reply button.  Inline replies will surely get lost. 

@WoflShade

I'm not loving this new system either.  Nobody is.  Unlike JIVE-X which attempted to engage users, this system isolates us. It's a bit like working in a vacuum.   

The ACPs and MVPs have a long list of complaints in the Back Room and we're just getting started.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bell notifications do give a clue as the what has been happening and l think you are correct about inline replies becoming lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my first visit after the changeover, I posted two replies to the overly cheerful "Welcome" post. To my knowledge, neither ever made it to publication. Was I too critical? I don't think so. Mainly complained that the "new" forum was not intuitive to use (and that some sort of manual or guide would be helpful) and that switching from "relevance" to "latest" returned the exact same listings--with the latest being the "welcome" message followed by one from August 20th, as I recall. I shall give it some time, but in all honesty, the way the forum is today does not entice me to be a participant.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked the "welcome" post. My two original posts still do not appear, and a reply I think I made to WolfShade yesterday does not appear either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We know for certain that posts created between August 22 -- Sept 11 are lost. And I fear many new posts like yours got lost in the shuffle.
Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We are working with the development team to ensure better visibility for recent posts. I approved all posts in the moderation list on Friday, and I will get to the rest today. If you see your posts go missing from today, please alert me.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines