• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

drag and drop shapes

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the program on both macos and windows. When I use it on Windows, I can drag and drop shapes like <area shape="Rect" coords="573,280,616,319" href="xxx.com/xxx/" alt=""> with the mouse and change their sizes, but this is not possible in the macOS version. I can only adjust the position manually by changing the value of 573, 280, etc. There are hundreds of shapes in the html files I have, it would take me years to create them all in macos. Isn't there a way to drag and drop like in windows?

TOPICS
How to , Interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch from LIVE to DESIGN View (Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + F11).

Client-side Image Maps are not responsive.  I don't recommend using them on modern websites as they won't perform well on ALL devices. Hotspot regions will invariably drift out of register with shapes as the map rescales to fit smaller or larger devices.  How will you reconcile this problem when users can't access the correct hotspots with their mouse or finger taps?

As an alternative, below is a responsive SVG Image Map. 

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote There are hundreds of shapes in the html files. 
By @ayhan35286654tink

===========

I think you need to rethink your approach.  Keep it simple.  A client-side image map isn't designed to support hundreds of shapes & hotspots.  This puts too much strain on the end user's browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks y'all but im using this type of coding (area shape rect) just for mailings 🙂 svg maps is not compatible for many mail clients (smartphones etc)... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mailings??!

I shudder to think...

There are three main reasons recipients won't see images in emails:

1. their email client is blocking externally hosted images for security reasons,
  2. their email client doesn't support images,
  3. a firewall or anti-virus app is blocking access to image servers.

Assuming the email gets through and images are viewable,  there's no guarantee their email client supports image maps. I wouldn't put total faith in images or image maps to communicate important content.  Plain text is more reliable.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines