Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 19.1 is now live

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New features include:

• Bootstrap v4.3.1 & v3.4.1 Integration: Dreamweaver is now integrated with latest Bootstrap versions.
  • CSS Code Formatting Improvements: CSS code formatting now supports Media@mercycity.church directives and selection based code formatting is now available in CSS files.

For more information, see New features summary for the latest release of Dreamweaver

Release Notes: Release notes for the 2019 of Dreamweaver CC

Thanks,

Preran

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My Dreamweaver CC upgraded to 19.1 a few minutes ago.

It always auto close without any message when I keep it in background few minute.

My computer OS is Win10 Pro 64 ver. 1803 Build Number 17134.648

How can I rollback to 19.0?

Write by STAR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your installation options were such that updates replace prior versions, your only recourse is to reinstall 19.0. It should be listed in your Creative Cloud desktop app.

A word to the wise, Adobe's installation configuration is horribly incompetent. Sounds harsh, but its true. It's as if the programmers exist in a vacuum.

In the future, this mini tutorial should help you:

Upgrading Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clear  Preferences when you updated?

If not, you can do it manually.  See link below.

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit of an anti climax:

Where are the SB panels as promised?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the SB panels as promised?

New server behavior panels?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You hit the target!

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

News to me it was even in the pipeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  wrote

You hit the target!

I wonder what prompted that, if it's true. It's not difficult come to a conclusion as to why - better late than never, I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it dependes what its going to be ... I would expect a request for feedback if the Dreamweaver team were seriously thinking about adding some up to date server behaviors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worries me if SB's are to be reintroduced, is which php database model, pdo or mysqli, and which database types?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, the old PHAKT extenions used PHP ADODB which is still maintained

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

What worries me if SB's are to be reintroduced, is which php database model, pdo or mysqli, and which database types?

Dont know I'll leave that to the techies BUT I guarantee if it is on the cards it will save DW from total oblivion. The majority of small websites work just fine with a simple php/database workflow. PHP7 is fast, its solid, its built on good foundations, the eco-system is huge, its all small websites really require, good spot Adobe for once.

My bet would be PDO because it works across a wide range of databases and lets face it anyone needing to use built in SB's is not going to go into the code to change the behaviors so its a win, win situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only people who may know are the Dw team and CAB members, unfortunatly not enough of them know how such items should work for the modern web, (most being none coders). So on past performance of including code writing in Dw CC testing, it will be left to the users of the released version for logging of bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

it will be left to the users of the released version for logging of bugs.

Well I think that can be said for most products. Not a release goes by where Wappler is free of some bugs. It's how quickly the team iron those bugs out, I cant fault Wappler on that level, they are hugely responsive and quick to react. Adobe DW team take note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is a reactive not proactive company these days (imo) ... Wappler's ever-increasing user-base is maybe a reason why this could happen..... I think XD was a reaction to the increasing popularity of Sketch in a similiar way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Energize  wrote

Adobe is a reactive not proactive company these days (imo) ... Wappler's ever-increasing user-base is maybe a reason why this could happen..... I think XD was a reaction to the increasing popularity of Sketch in a similiar way...

True and exactly....it no longer leads. If it is to have a future in needs to at least compete at a level which is required by the users its aimed at. Lets face it does anyone really build static websites these days, very few.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ALsp

I had used Creative Cloud to roll back to 19.0.

Hi Nancy OShea

I had tried clear Preferences and upgraded again. But it still be acutomatically closed if I didn't focus on Dreamweaver.

After I Upgrade 19.1 -> roll back 19 -> Upgrade 19.1 -> rollback 19, My Dreamweaver CC 2019 19.0 also be automatically closed....

==================================

2019/04/04 13:00 Update

After I remove and clean all Program and data, Dreamweaver 19.1 is working properly.

Tks everyone.

Write by STAR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant we just go back to the 2015 code coloring??? Or ATLEAST allow PHP 7.* support in 2015 and i wont complain .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

avishaanm  wrote

Cant we just go back to the 2015 code coloring??? Or ATLEAST allow PHP 7.* support in 2015 and i wont complain .

2015 receives no updates.  It's 4 years old.

To change code colors in 2019, edit your Code Theme's LESS file.

Learn how you can customize the colors of your code elements in Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did go there and its quiet irritating, for instance i have a php file with mixed languages [code blocks], in the old version

<?php

Strings were red

?>

<script>

strings here are blue

</script>

<normal html>

<form> tags are yellow and so on.

On all the threads and forums ive been regarding this issue they say it cant be done, unless you have a way ill be really grateful. I have not switched away from dreamweaver because the other editors had this problem, now it seems dreamweaver had adopted the same. Its very hard to distinguish code in the updated format [i have been complaining from 2017 but stopped because the hope of this being fixed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what your looking for is code aware colouring?  The latest versions of Dreamweaver (post CC 2015)  use an integrated version of Brackets and Brackets uses CodeMirror as its core editor.

Since the Brackets integration there have been numerous issues and it was an ill thought-out idea and waste of development time (IMO).

I have created a custom code theme for Dreamweaver cc 2018/2019 that uses code-aware rules - I can send it to you if you like and explain how to set it up....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Energize, you changed your screen name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Energize, you changed your screen name.

Just wanted to try and look a bit more grown up ... Won't be acting it though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Paul, if you can you're a star, I've been trying for hours now and I'm on the verge of turning myself in to a mental institution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines