• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2017 - what happened to Find & Replace window?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First, I apologize if I I've overlooked something, however I can't get the new Find & Replace window working as in DW 2015.

This is the new Find and Replace window:

findreplace1.JPG

FIRST QUESTION:

Where is the "Find All" button? There are many circumstances for which I really need to get a list of the occurrences found, even when searching within the current document only (for proper work-flow, it's not enough to just browse back and forth using the two arrows). As displayed below, the search result window remains totally empty, even if there are 11 occurrences found:

findreplace2.JPG

SECOND QUESTION:

I haven't found any way to undock the Find & Replace window, but it can be displayed only on top of the current document, taking lot of space. I really need to undock the Find and Replace window, and to drag it on a secondary monitor, to maximize editing space. This was perfectly possible in DW 2015, as displayed below:

findreplace3.JPG

Please help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Hi everyone,

UPDATE: Feature changes to Find and replace will be available later in 2017. The latest version has some critical bug fixes.

See Dreamweaver 2017.0.1 is now live  for more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 152 Replies 152
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 10-31-2017.  I just reverted from 2018 to 2015.  The same problems are in 2018 as mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Joe+Bigler  wrote

It is 10-31-2017.  I just reverted from 2018 to 2015.  The same problems are in 2018 as mentioned above.

They aren't "problems" anymore, now they're "features".

This is just the way it works now: Two separate find & replace tools. All of the options except for saving or loading queries are available, in different locations, with some being closed, collapsed, or out of view by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct.  In fact, you can still save and load queries.  If you click on the circled ? button in the lower left corner, it will take you to

Find and replace text, tags, and attributes

On the right side are links such as

It looks like some of the features are hidden by default, but you can make them active by making changes to the registry or preferences on a MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines