• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver, a shame as software.  How can I continue to pay for this software ?... I can't

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too many bugs. Some have been present for ages and some will waste you considerable time in your development. If my developer team works like those of Adobe, I would fire them without hesitation.

And it's not for lack of reporting them and even addressing them with some members of your customer service team....still wasted time !

I have wasted enough time with this counter-production tool. So far, I hadn't had time to find a replacement solution but today it's done. My company uses several Adobe accounts for our various departments (video, sound and webservice), but I no longer want to work with you. When Adobe replaces its developer team, and when its customer service can clearly meet your customers' needs, I think I'll hear about it and maybe get back to you. In the meantime, I'm trying my hand at competition and cutting off all my Adobe subscriptions and access to bank accounts.
Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ElliseProd,

You're preaching to the choir here.  Adobe's decision makers do not monitor these user-to-user forums.

Dreamweaver which was once Adobe's flagship web authoring tool has meandered for several years and is now only minimally maintained.  That said, Dreamweaver is not the only product I use.  To cut out Photoshop, Bridge, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro and to a lesser extent Lightroom & InDesign would be counterproductive to what I do.  But if all you use is Dreamweaver then I think you'll find plenty of other code editors to replace it starting with Visual Studio Code.  If you're creating web applications, Wappler is another option to look at.

Best of luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For PHP development, Code Lobster or PHP Storm by JetBrains might be a better fit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your completely useless answer, as usual. I know the other code editors perfectly and as soon as I have the time, it is certain that I will pass. Do you realize that I am paying for a tool that becomes unusable, and they tell me to go to the competition: amazing!
Adobe is no longer trustworthy. My collaborators and I no longer wish to work with your softwares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your completely useless answer, as usual. I know the other code editors perfectly and as soon as I have the time, it is certain that I will pass. Do you realize that I am paying for a tool that becomes unusable, and they tell me to go to the competition: amazing!
Adobe is no longer trustworthy. My collaborators and I no longer wish to work with your softwares.

By @ElliseProd

I dont know what was 'useless' about the answer you recieved? No one in this forum works for Adobe, we just answer questions and provide solutions based on what we know. Adobe themselves have already stated Dreamweaver is now only being 'minimally maintained', which really means it is all but dead, no longer able to compete with other web-development products.

Do you pay for this product as a stand-alone product or as part of the creative-suite?

Anyone buying into it as a stand-alone product should be made aware its now only being minimally maintained. I have no idea if Adobe flags this up when purchasing it, if not then they should do.

If you use it as part of the bigger creative suite subscription then you should look at it as a bonus, 'free' bit of  software that may be of use to you if you require a good editor for ocassional use, but one which no longer meets with the expectation of more serious developers, who should look to seek editors which are still being actively developed.

Yes, its frustrating but all good thing come to an end. Whilst I no longer use DW myself I count myself in a small group of us around here that has actively tried to 'aggressively' encourage Adobe to improve/reinvent Dreamweaver to keep it going but despite the feedback from real users they chose the wrong path, the wrong people to drive it forward, negelected it over a course of several years, there was only ever going to be one outcome.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're a real class act, @ElliseProd 

As evidenced by your previous posting history, you've threatened to quit before but keep coming back to spew vitriol at unpaid forum volunteers.  Your actions demonstrate what your true motives are.  You're just using this platform to bash Adobe and Adobe product users.  Nobody here is interested.  You'll have to find other ways to amuse yourself.   Goodbye & good riddance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe only commits a small amount of resources to Dreamweaver and the updates it gets lately are limited to updating depencies and keeping it compatible with the latest OS developments.

If you're coding then VSCode is probably the way to go

Other options for server side projects are Wappler 

I don't use Bootstrap myself but for frontend development with Bootstrap which is still popular, I believe Pinegrow is a popular editor.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any editor which is still being 'developed' is a better option these days...Dreamweaver is dead, maybe not officially but once a web-editor stops receiving any serious updates then that is as good as dead and anyone using such an editor will be quickly left behind as the web progresses at a very rapid pace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines