• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 18.0 Unbelievably Slow

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I've been using Dreamweaver since it was Macromedia, but it's NEVER been that slow.

I am using the most up to date version (even though I did try to downgrade to 2015 because according to some topics that solved people's issues).

I've tried everything and it just makes no sense. It's a text editor, but each time I place my cursor inside Dreamweaver it takes about 2 minutes to think about it first. Then it works for 5 seconds, then it still deliberates for another minute and then it allows me to continue typing. I can keep typing just fine, but the second I switch focus to the browser and come back, it's the same thing all over again.
I've tried turning off everything I could:

1. I disabled the site caching
  2. turned off linting
  3. turned off w3c validator
  4. turned off related files
  5. deleted the cache folder
  6. reinstalled and updated dreamwever

I've been trying to disable git too, but it just doesn't go away. I want to use git, but I don't plan to use git with dreamweaver, why am I being forced to see all the highlights? And if that's what slowing everything down, I sort of wanna punch the code in the face.

Anywho, if you had similar problem and solved, please, PLEASE tell me what to do. This is an editor in 2018. My notepad on Windows 3.11 never had as much lag. Could Windows version be an issue? I'm using Windows 7. I'm a paying member for multiple CC subscription (at home and at work). Both computers have the same (or similar) issues.

Please help.

Moderator: Moved to Dreamweaver forum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Okay, if anyone else is having issues with Dreamweaver hiccups, all you have to do is switch mode from "Developer" to "Standard".

I asked the person assisting me with this why this is the case, but I couldn't get a clear answer, in either case that had solved the issue for me, so if anyone else is dealing with it, give that a shot.

Honestly, if they're aware that "Developer" mode causes issues, I'm not sure why they even have it, haha, but oh well, if things are working much faster now, I'm quite

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Hi Folks,

We have addressed the slow typing issue in code view on win, in our latest DW21.0 build 21.0.0.15392 which can be downloaded from Creative cloud.

Please update the Dreamweaver version to 21.0 and see if the issue is resolved for you.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all of the effort on this thread!

My DW 2019 was running like molasses, especially with a browser window open!

What worked for me was to turn off Design Notes within the site.

Either open Site Management at the bottom of the drop-down and select the site or double click the site name > Advanced Settings > Design Notes > Uncheck "Maintain Design Notes" if checked.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been suffering with this for quite a while. Thanks for the solution!

If this helps, in my case I had it in standard mode already but I clicked on "reset standard" and it fixed it.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having properties enabled slowed down my page edits etc.

Removed and speed increased significantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. It may go without saying, but I thought it worth mentioning that I was using customized settings based on Developer mode, then saved under my own custom profile. If you've done this, it may not be immediately obvious that switching to Standard mode will solve your problem. It did solve mine.

Small rant: I have used Adobe products for many years. I used InDesign when it was Pagemaker, Photoshop 4 and above, Dreamweaver CS3, Acrobat 7 Professional, etc. I appreciate the difficulty of making these programs "talk" to each other, and most of the improvements Adobe has made through the years are great. But I REALLY wish Adobe assigned more developers to address existing problems than to develop new features. More is not always better, and reliability matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the similar problem very slow latest Dreamwaver. When Adobe fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

We are investigating this issue at our end, meanwhile as a workaround can you perform below steps and see if the issue is resolved.

1. close DW
  2. Go to Registry key press win +R -> type regedit
  3. go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020\Temp File List\
  4. delete theTemp File List folder and restart Dreamweaver (before deleting the folder first take backup of the folder, right click on it and select export)

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this quick fixed is working now. But we definitely expected a permanent solution.

Regards,

Pranjal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I solved this by unchecking the option "Automatically Sync Remote Files" under the menu item View > Live View Options.
Hope that is helpful to others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I just have to figure out how to switch to standard mode... back to google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Folks,

We have addressed the slow typing issue in code view on win, in our latest DW21.0 build 21.0.0.15392 which can be downloaded from Creative cloud.

Please update the Dreamweaver version to 21.0 and see if the issue is resolved for you.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines