• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Crashing on Startup

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver is crashing on startup - if there is any mouse activity before a file completely loads, the program crashes. For instance, Dreamweaver is open, I open an html file with Dreamweaver, and the files typically take a good 30 seconds or so to fully load and become workable. During this time, if I click while Dreamweaver is the active program, it will crash. Every time without exception.

This also happens if Dreamweaver is in the background opening a file - for instance, if I tell a file to open with dreamweaver and in the interim, I switch to say Outlook deal with email - if Dreamweaver happens to open the file and automatically become the active program, any typing or clicking that I may have been doing in Outlook (or insert program here) is suddenly happening in Dreamweaver because it auto activates.

So, any mouse interaction while Dreamweaver is loading causes a crash. Surely this isn't working as intended.

When I click "send report", I get a message that states something along the lines of "there is a solution to this error", and a "read more" type link, however, when that link is clicked, it just goes to the adobe or Dreamweaver general web page, no specific page detailing the issue or solution.

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the exact crash report language: "Adobe has found a solution or workaround for the recent crash in Adobe Dreamweaver 2021. Learn more".  

And the "learn more" link takes me to.... www.adobe.com. Seriously.

Version is:

15413 Build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try Restore Preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

Failing that, reinstall Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try the usual fixes: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-javascript-errors-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html . Deleting the userconfig and filecache. After that you usually go down the road to re-installation especially if it is crashing without opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines