• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Hotspot

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i've recently discovered a problem with the dreamweaver hotspots where I cannot click and drag the hotspot to the image. The panel is fully open, I am in design view, the image I am selecting is the same one in the code, its just that when I click on the image in the split view the hotspots go away/ don't draw the hotspot area. 

I have been looking online for awhile now trying to find a way to fix this so any insight is appreciated. 

TOPICS
Code , Error , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In split view are you still in design view or is it switching to code/live view? Also what OS is this that you are experiencing the issue with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Switch from LIVE to DESIGN view (Ctrl + Shift + F11). 

That will give you access to Map tools at the bottom of your HTML Properties Panel.  See screenshot.

image.png

That said, old school images maps are little to no value in Responsive Web Design.  Don't use them for anything important.  The majority of users on mobile & tablet devices won't have full access to them.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines