• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver, Illustrator and Photoshop menus all of a sudden went TINY on me

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI have Dreamweaver CS6, Ilustrator CS6 and Photoshop CS6. I have a new laptop with higher resolution screen. The adobe software menu text was fine until yesterday, now it is TINY and I can barely read the menus in all 3. It looked just fine until yesterday! What happened? I know, they say to increase your screen resolution but that isn't the ticket. I can not afford to upgrade to CC and Adobe should have a fix for those of us that didn't want to buy into a monthly fee for the software that we use only a few times a year and was already purchased in full.

Why was it a fine text size yesterday and today it isn't. It is November 28, 2017. Did Adobe do a software update????

Any help???

Please help! I need a magnifying glass to read it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe hasn't updated pre-CC software in in a good number of years, something changed on your system.

What OS are you running and when was it last updated?

Have you looked into your font-scaling settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bdayrock  wrote

Why was it a fine text size yesterday and today it isn't. It is November 28, 2017. Did Adobe do a software update????

That is because you changed the text size in your O/S and because DW CS6 is not HIRES ready, you will need to change it back to where you had it yesterday

Any Adobe software update will not affect your version as CS6 will not ever be updated.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows 10 Anniversary update messed with font scaling settings for a lot of people. If the OP has W10, it could to be an automated screw up from the good people at Microsoft, requiring no conscious effort on the OP's part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the anniversary update? The last few days by chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used that as an example.

Any OS update has the potential to cause issues with software, especially if you rely on OS settings to run it the way you like.

It might be worth checking the info here: Windows 10 Anniversary Update changes font size in menus and apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I did not change any settings on my computer at all. 3 days ago the screen was legible and yesterday it wasn’t. No changes were made to my computer at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS for everyone's response! GUESS WHAT? I figured out a way to fix it and I hope it can help others! As mentioned earlier the Creative Suite CS6 software worked great for years on my Windows 10 platform - until 3 days ago when the text automatically (without changing any computer resolutions settings or configurations) got so TINY I could hardly read it on the screen. SOLUTION: I went to the Task Manager (Ctl+Alt+Del) and then went to the STARTUP tab. I Disabled all the Adobe software such as Adobe CS5 Service Manager, Adobe CS6 Service Manager, Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager, Adobe Updater Startup Utility and Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher. Then I REBOOTED my computer and Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop and Fireworks text menus were all larger and more legible!!!  I HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS! (not sure if i will need to do this every time I restart the computer but it worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More than likely, a computer restart was all that was needed.  You probably received a windows update which reset your system settings.  Adobe services would not effect your system's font-sizes.  That's an OS issue.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines