• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Live View not showing changes

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 - I have searched for a solution and found one for a Mac, that is of no help to me.

When editing a Dreamweaver page in Windows 10  the live view does not reflect the changes I make. I have to close/reopen the file to see the changes. I can preview in browser but both of these procedures are very slow and clunky. 

Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Ctrl + S to Save.

2. F5 to Refresh.

3. Repeat as often as needed.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to DW 21. Now I'm only using it to edit an old .asp site but still works fine. Previously, when I would make some text changes in the Code View and then click on Live View above and I would instantly see the change. Now it doesn't change unless I use your method outlined above. That's quite a few extra steps. Is there a way to get it to update as it did previously automatically?

Thanks... Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Live View has ALWAYS required you to Save & Refresh.

Switch to Design View from your Document Toolbar. See screenshot.

Document Toolbar > Design ViewDocument Toolbar > Design View

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh.. Duh! 🙂 

Everytime there's an update I forget something about the previous settings. Thanks so much.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS Sonoma, Dreamweaver 2021 Live does not refresh even after Save then F5 OR Live view refresh from the menu. It will refresh occasionally on the same page, so not a different kind of page.  Preview in browser works perfectly but it is jarring to work with unchanged page in Live view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are quite a few issues when running Dreamweaver under Sonoma. I would suggest and alternative solution until this is solved - if ever.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines