• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver opening full screen after 2018

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver opening full screen after 2018 upgrade. This is annoying.

2017 opened the last size used. Why does Adobe do this to us? this happened in 2015 but they fixed it.

Now its broken again.

Am I missing something?

I'm on a Mac running El Capitan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

My operating system remembers my Workspace settings when I close the application and reopen it. 

Try resetting your Workspace or create a new one. 

image.png

Adjust Workspace as desired. Go to Workspace and select Save Current. 

Close DW.

If your computer doesn't remember your settings, there may be a permissions problem at the OS level.

https://macpaw.com/how-to/repair-disk-permissions

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Buko,

We regret the inconvenience you are facing with DW. We tried at our end but couldn't recreate the issue.

• Could you share a gif/video of the issue happening?
  • Also is it happening every time for you?
  • Could you try restoring preferences

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Thanks,

Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it happens every time. I'll try reseting prefs but since this is only the second time I've used DW 2018 2 twice and it does not hold over my DW 2017 prefs another annoyance, I'm not sure how deleting will help as they haven been used enough to be corrupted.

I do not use the application frame, as I'm on a Mac, I prefer my windows loose and free of the application. Its when I open a new file It takes up the full screen. DW 2017 remembered the last open window size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Buko for update but we couldn't recreate this locally. Checked on Mac 10.11.6 and Mac 10.12

We don't see any other user reporting same and that's why we felt that it might be related to preferences.

Could you share a video of the problem if you see it consistently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a preference then for 'open with last used size' and not maximising the page. I have had this with Dreamweaver for quite a while now (mac M1 Monterey) and resize each and every time I open a new doc (if there are no docs there already).  If you have resized then all the docs open at the same size, if you have no docs open, it always opens on maximum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I would love to know how to stop it opening full size. It used to remember the last used size for the page but now it just maximizes the page to the full extent and on a mac this annoying as it crunches against the bar along the bottom, making it hard to edit the text at the bottom, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My operating system remembers my Workspace settings when I close the application and reopen it. 

Try resetting your Workspace or create a new one. 

image.png

Adjust Workspace as desired. Go to Workspace and select Save Current. 

Close DW.

If your computer doesn't remember your settings, there may be a permissions problem at the OS level.

https://macpaw.com/how-to/repair-disk-permissions

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you. Solved !! Saving current workspace and I now get the documents open at the size I want which is not crunched against the bottom of the screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! Glad it worked. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines