• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Performance

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone notice dreamweaver is very sluggish running, I am using latest macbook pro with tons of cpu and memory.

Anyone find a way to make this a better experience, i use other programs like visual studio code and performance is way better.

maybe disable some plugins or something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you guys saying im the only one with this issue? comeon guys lets get this moving...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a direct pipeline to Adobe tech support.  This is a user-to-user community.  We are unpaid forum volunteers and product users like you. 

I don't have latency problems with DW CC on my aging Win 10 workstation.  Maybe because I keep my local site folders on my primary hard drive, no networked or cloud drives.   I don't use energy saving sleep mode and I disable or defer all background processes until after work hours. 

Unfortunately, without knowing more about your set-up and workflow, it's impossible to guess what's going on. It could be something as simple as too many code errors in your document.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I have a very simple setup also the web project i am working is quiet large.  All the files are stored locally and then pushed to the server.  However i am running on Mac OS and not Windows 10.  I always notice that dreamweaver when it first starts it is nice and very smooth, very responsive.  After 5 or 6 hours of opening and closing documents its when the problem starts.  switching between documents start getting laggy.

i am running on an i9 8core and 16gb ram.  all the code i develop is developed with native language, i dont use bootstrap or frameworks for php or anything like that.

I do understand this is not tech support but tech support wasnt able to help and i just wanted to get community feedback as to if anyone is having similar issues.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To refresh RAM, shut down DW.  Reboot computer. 

You might also try disabling Cache in your site definition settings under Advanced Settings > Local Info.  See screenshot.

Site > Manage SitesSite > Manage Sites

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines