• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Real-time Preview: [IP Address] Displayed Instead of Local File Name

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After saving the file in Dreamweaver and selecting the Real-time Preview option, for example, with Brave as the browser, instead of the file name, I see the following code: "127.0.0.1:5381/preview/app/index.html," and the preview remains blank.

TOPICS
Browser , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real Time Preview uses Adobe's servers to give you some functionality that, for me anyway, usually doesn't work.

That's why you see that odd IP address, the page is being loaded to Adobe's servers, then sent back to you.

To go to a normal Preview in Browser, like all previous versions before the RTP was added, go to Edit > Preferences > Real-Time Preview > check the box at the top for "Default to Static Browser Preview"

If your page is still showing up blank there, it's likely caused by a code error. Go to File > Validate > Current Document (W3C) to get a listing of any errors. Cleaning anything up that shows on the list will likely bring your preview back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an old help article about this, but as mentioned the functionality does not work well and you are better off using a localhost server like a MAMP/WAMP or setting up a testing server. https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/real-time-preview-issue.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Device Preview was discontinued. I'm not certain if Real-Time Preview was also discontinued (I never use it).

Right-click on document tab and select Open in Browser.

To permanently change the default Preview, go to Edit > Preferences > Real-Time Preview and check the box for Static Browser Preview. See screenshot.

image.png

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real Time Preview (live changes in-browser) is not the same thing as Device Preview (QR code for mobile devices) and has not been discontinued...

...Yet, at least, not officially (I still can't get it to work no matter what I do).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real Time Preview (live changes in-browser) is not the same thing as Device Preview (QR code for mobile devices) and has not been discontinued...

...Yet, at least, not officially (I still can't get it to work no matter what I do).

By @Jon Fritz

==========

Device Preview used the same servers as Real-Time Preview. That said, I don't know if the servers are still active or not.

I turned off Real-Time Preview ages ago & never looked backed.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got ya.

Just an FYI, the server is there. Adobe receives pages and sends them back in the iframe like it's supposed to.

Personally, I can only get it to preview pages after saving and refreshing the browser, but that's not how it's supposed to work. There is no "Real Time" to the Real Time Preview for me, making it nothing more than "Preview In Browser Using Adobe's Server". 

So it stays turned off. I see no reason to involve Adobe's servers to do the same thing that my browser can do on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines