• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW CC 2014 Server Busy

Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I launch DW CC 2014 on my Windows 8.1 machine I keep getting a Server Busy message where I can switch to the application or try again. Eventually it goes away but it really delays the start up time on my DW application. I have added DW to the trusted applications list for Kaspersky so I don't think that is the issue. Never had this problem with the previous version of DW CC. Anybody else running into this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 211 Replies 211
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as well and I am using Windows 7 sp1 32 bit. It is going to start affecting my business as well. Hopefully someone is working on a resolution to this, I didn't have this error until I upgraded to DW CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We need some info from you in order to identify the root cause of the issue.

Please follow the below steps and report back to us with your findings:

1. Whenever you get the error message, open up Task manager. In the Applications tab, select the 'Server Busy' program, right-click and select 'Go to Process'.

Report back the process details. A screenshot capturing the selected process will be all the more helpful.

2. Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click on Windows Logs > Application in the left pane.

Double-click an event to view the details of the event and let us know the faulty module that is causing the issue.

1.jpg

-Subhadeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deep,

Marking your answer as correct only because it is on top where users can easily view it and provide you with the information you require. After we have a solution, I will unmark your question and mark the more appropriate answer as correct.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok in Windows 8.1 I don't have a Go To Process option. I get the following.

When I click on Switch to All it does it take me back to this

here if I click the Switch To... button it takes me to the Windows 8.1 Metro desktop.

In my event viewer I show no errors anytime I launch DW as you can see here. I launched DW at 10:51 AM and it was finally usable at 10:53 AM but thee are no entries in my Event Viewer for this time.

What would you like me to try next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same results as Hedge and I'm also Win8.1 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you all also try the solution in the following thread:

"Server Busy"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried completely disabling both the windows firewall and Kaspersky but the problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, same thing as Hedge, except I have AVG. I've disabled that and turned off my firewall, still happens. Sometimes when I attempt to open the app right after a reboot it works. This only happens "sometimes" though.

This is quite frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error I get when I check the properties of the Event viewer it says.

The server {1F87137D-0E7C-8C73-E4EFFB68962F2} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

I have tried everything even reinstalling windows and still get Server Busy. This has been happening a while so where is the fix. How many other need to complain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe we should be getting credits and refunds for the time wasted trying to get this software just to load at times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I searched for and found this thread because this "Server Busy" <Switch to> <retry> has been an egregious nuisance ever since I started using DW CC 2014 on the first day.
I too am running Windows 8.1
This weekend, I had to End Task Dreamweaver.

At Max 2013, I talked extensively with the Dreamweaver Team, especially Alejandro and suggested many additions to the  files tab in Dreamweaver that has not evolved much since it  MX in 2002.  I depend on this  more than any other palette.I use Dreamweaver for live coded editing on a server and this latest release is woefully unreliable. My pet peeve in previous editions is how it handled ftp connection delays with prompts instead of status messages.

One way to help you replicate "Server Busy" and leave your ftp connections in Remote mode when you close Dreamweaver. Open them, use them close them reopen them. You will see it. If anything happens with the connection, it might come up, but the "Switch to" and "Retry options" are completely useless. This is an FTP stability problem.

I would classify this bug as a FIRE, and ask the team to stamp it out immediately and push down an update. I can't live like this for a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ben-erwin,

Sorry for your troubles.

Would really appreciate if you can provide us the requested info.

-Subhadeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I checked my event logs and noticed that the following error happens tons!  It appears to have started back in February.  I don't recall getting the server busy issue until recently though, so the issues may or may not be related.

Error:

Source:  SideBySide

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
The screenshots others have provided are identical to my issue. It happens on application load and it happens while when Dreamweaver is being used.
One thing I have in common with my config that others have is I run Kaspersky.

My approach to fixing this would be, to go into the Dreamweaver code and locate the conditions that cause this prompt.

Most importantly this prompt itself is completely useless and should be removed. It has no useful outcome whatsoever.

Please KILL this Prompt. Completely. Expunge it. Stop wasting time trying to get a pathology on a tumor that needs to be excised.

If there needs to be a server busy prompt, bake it elegantly into a status notification and don't have it interrupt flow. If a net connection goes down. say that without blocking use of the application.

AND PLEASE PUSH DOWN AN UPDATE ASAP.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I agree the prompt is not helpful I am pretty certain this is a function of windows and not DW. I of course could be wrong here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible it's a function of Windows, but DWCC2014 is triggering it.
As bluehaus reported this happened in CC, it never happened until 2014 for me, and I ran this config for 5 months before this release.
If it is a conflict with a security software, I'm not willing to disable it. I would sooner run a different IDE than Dreamweaver, which is unfortunately where this is headed if this continues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct ben-erwin! It also was working perfectly until the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Can you try launching DW after removing all your sites and see if you're still seeing the error message?

Don't forget to take a backup using the export sites option. Preserve the STE file to import the sites back into DW later.

Let us know !

-Subhadeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Dreamweaver, rebooted and installed the latest version.  I then started up Dreamweaver and I didn't get the error.

I closed Dreamweaver and then reopened it. I got the error message, but it did not stop me from launching Dreamweaver this time.

Now, each time that I open Dreamweaver, I get the error, but I can click 'retry' and the message goes away and I can use Dreamweaver.

Rather than having us all spin our wheels, I think that it is time for someone in your QA group to get with the programmers and ask 'where does this message come from' and 'what are the possible trigger points'.

My guess is that it deals with an authentication call from the application to the Creative Cloud 'service' and that there is a communication issue.  I am positive that it is NOT a firewall issue since no notifications occur in the the logs for the firewall.

Once they know 'where' in the application this message is located, they should be able to do a few minutes of regression check to see what has changed for the call to see if the issue is in that chunk.  If yes, roll that bit of code back to fix it or so forth.  If the error is NOT in that code, it is likely in the code that makes a call to that class.  Again, a bit of regression testing should tell them what changed and then they can resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with k.randolph. This is getting quite ridiculous. Why am I paying for a service that's flawed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Subhadeep,
I checked in on the thread to see what it is happening.
You have been asking us to try different things, and we have been. The results are consistent.

I have a question for you? Have you been running DWCC2014 on Windows 8.1?
Have you had the files panel in remote view so that ftp connections are active?
If so, have you been getting this?

If you have not, please do test it yourself and troubleshoot it yourself.

This seems to be a pretty easy-to-reproduce problem.
You can't fix it by asking a message board to give you info.
You have to reproduce it yourself and then troubleshoot it.

If it is a Windows error Dreamweaver is triggering, figure out what causes the dreaded "Server Busy, Switch-To, Retry" problem and KILL IT
If it is a prompt from Dreamweaver, KILL IT.
This must go. When it happens, it can be a showstopper.

As bluehaus highlighted, this is getting absurd. We're paying for this. Call in all the Kings Horses and All the Kings Men and put Humpty back together again and please push down an update that eliminates this travesty.

I'm going to be away for a few weeks. Please have this fixed by the end of August. If this keeps interfering with my workflow, I will be using a different IDE to do the massive amount of work I have to do in September.

I have been a Dreamweaver loyalist for many years, but this I cannot roll with much further.
Best of luck fixing it and thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  I just today upgraded to Adobe Cloud and installed the newest version of Dreamweaver.  I am on Windows 7 64-bit, and I am running into the exact same problem as everyone else in this thread.  I have tried everything mentioned above with no success.  I'm paying a good chunk of money for a piece of software I can't use.  Adobe, please do something about this soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.  When I removed last years version of Dreamweaver and installed the latest 64bit version, it now works.  In the rare cases the dialog pops up, it doesn't crash the application.

The steps I did were

Completely uninstall Dreamweaver and any associated components.

Reboot the machine to make sure that it doesn't leave any locked files.

Install the latest version of Dreamweaver.

Reboot to make sure that it was properly installed.  Windows registry becomes bloated because of lots of extremely poor programming techniques and sometimes you need to reboot for values to show up properly.

Use the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the old versions was the first thing I did and it has not helped my situation at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I run the same DW CC14 but in French, with a French Windows. And guess what???

Same problem and impossible to solve it. Also, as it's impossible to access to DW, I can't event deactivate anything to bypass the problem. So, paying and not possible to work and make money with Dreamweaver.

Droopy would Say : I'm So Happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines