• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamically generated files only work if Wordpress set to "plain" permalinks?? Still!

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver constantly gives me the error:

"Dynamically-generated files could not be resolved because the site definition is not correct for this server. Retry. Setup"

I have had this problem since 2013. LOL. I remember clearly!

The workaround used to be to go into Wordpress and force it to be "plain" in permalinks, and then it would work. And then I could change it back to "day and name" in WP.

But now it ONLY works if I set it to "Plain". ARGH.

How do I fix this??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WordPress is nothing but code fragments in appox 1,500 files.  I don't pay attention to the DW error about resolving dynamically related files because it's not required to work with code.  As long as the site works properly online, I'm good. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that you can work without it. But it's absurd that it's been 7+ years and this is STILL a known bug. (If it works with one type of permalink and not another - it's a bug!)

Dynamically related files is such a useful feature - what a pity Adobe can't be bothered fixing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I this is a common trend with some of Adobe's features that they are supporting so much so rapidly that they are not keeping up with anything. For instance, the Wordpress integration you mention, or bootstrap updates, or even php/mysql.  I think overall there needs to be development within Dreamweaver to more dynamically support these technologies to keep everything up to date in a different fashion, or consider dropping them as they will just begin to lag too much like ASP support did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines