• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamically-related files could not be resolved...

Community Expert ,
May 01, 2010 May 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need some help setting up Dreamweaver CS5 to work with my blog (it runs on wordpress).

I am getting this errror message:

"Dynamically-related files could not be resolved because the site definition is not correct for this server."

What settings do I need to change to manage my blog from withing Dr CS5?

I will appreciate any help.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional
TOPICS
Error , Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just come across this problem and found (elsewhere, just before finding this thread) that the fix is to change the permalinks. However, what if we don't want the plain permalinks option? I never use that because I like the posts to have real names, not numbers. Is there a way of getting Dreamweaver to recognise this or will it simply not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kaleel, this is less of a problem than it may seem. Your local WAMP/XAMP development environment can use the generic, DW-friendly permalinks without affecting your live site, which has its own permalink settings. That's how I work with DW when I use it with WAMP.

I don't know what the engineering challenges are in having DW interpret friendly permalinks rather than working directly with the MySQL indexes directly, but I suspect this is far from trivial. I'd rather the dev team put the time into making DW quicker, smoother for responsive design and a lot more robust, given that the workaround for permalink issues is so simple. In the last year I've found myself working less in Dreamweaver and more with Brackets, because the combination of Brackets, Chrome, and Chrome's "Inspect Element" feature is so much faster and never freezes or crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alan, that's useful. I've had a quick look at Brackets and may use it more now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the permalink in Wordpress to the default, this worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same error message: Dynamically-related files could not be resolved because the site definition is not correct for the server.

I'm looking for clues as to what the issue might be.  In reading the various posts on this error, they seem to point in many directions.

I don't like having errors present, but I'll also say I can't see that it's causing any problem with rendering the whole site.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Here's some of my setup which hopefully provides a complete enough picture:

• This is a Windows 10 machine; WP ver 5.3.2; Dw CC ver 20 build 15196
  • I'm using Laragon local server
  • WP installed
  • Dw has been instructed to go find all dynamically linked files.  Because the page renders, I think it's succeeding, but the error persists.
  • In Dw Live view I can see a fully rendered WP site page
  • In my Site settings I have the following paths.  All point to the same level in the WP file structure:
    • Local site folder: C:\laragon\www\locWP\
    • Testing server folder: C:\laragon\www\locWP\
    • URL: http://locwp.test:81/  (...I needed to use port 81 because there was a conflict on 80)

Let me know if there's something else I can relay that would lend some clues. 

Thanks in advance for ideas as to what to look for next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines