Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing main.less to change the color of the .cm-string

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All-

When DW2017 rolled out, I couldn't change the colors of the code and my eyes at the time could not make out enough difference between the background colors and the code colors for it to work, so I stuck with DW2015. And there I have been since then... well DW2015 seems to not be super stable on my system these days, so I need to upgrade.  I see that they have finally made the change to code coloring, but I am having an issue with what I think is the .cm-string hook.

I use inline styles quite a bit as we do a good deal of email marketing, so in DW2015, the attribute was one color and the value was another. it makes it much easier to see values, especially in the lengthier strings.  Now I have long blocks of pale yellow and it takes forever to read through them looking to make changes.  I need some help to change the colors, seems like it should be simple, but I can't figure out the hooks even using the tools pointed to in other parts of the forum... and Adobe won't help, so I'm hoping someone here can.

Here is what I have:
<span style="display: block; font-family: Cairo, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 28px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; color:#f2f2f2; text-align:center; text-transform:uppercase;"/>

Here is what I'd like back:
<span style="display: block; font-family: Cairo, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 28px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; color:#f2f2f2; text-align:center; text-transform:uppercase;"/>

Or as close as I can get it, for me the attribute and the value being different colors is a big deal- if anyone has suggestions, Id be grateful! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inline styles are all the same color, no matter which code theme you use.  There's no workaround that I know of.  Feel free to submit a feature request from your DW Help menu.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Nancy!  The support rep said it was possible but he couldn't tell me what the hooks were.  So now I'm super stumped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines