Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enable code coloring in Dreamweaver CC 2017

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

See Learn how you can customize the colors of your code elements in Dreamweaver. to enable code coloring in Dreamweaver CC 2017

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dark or light theme?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben, light theme!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edited:

No longer available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben, you're a life saver! That is the one! lol. Thank you..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One note to all the people complaining about the new version of DW CC 2017. Dreamweaver is a work in progress. It is NOT finished. If you have used the program for any length of time you know that the latest version is completely different than it was just two versions ago. It has many improvements as well as some aggravating bugs and irritations. But, do not assume that this is it. That there is no future to the app.

I have been working in the beta program for about 10 years now and we are very active and diligent in improving the program and tools we all want and need to use. I have made hundreds of feature requests over the years and many have been incorporated. But it's not because I have some secret channel to the developers. My requests were popular and voted on by many others in the program. If you want the program to improve and to get the features you want you need to get involved. Join the free public beta and make constructive comments and suggestions. Work with other web designers to make your thoughts known to Adobe. They are listening.

2017 is a vast improvement from previous version in many ways. No, it's NOT perfect, but nothing is perfect. Yes we lost some very popular or useful features in this build but many were lost for two reasons:

1. This is nearly a complete rewrite of the program. That takes a lot of work. They wanted it ready for October so many of the features were simply not ready by October to be released. Some, are still in development.

2. Development costs money and takes time. Certain features and workflows are prioritized and need to be developed first. Since this is a new version, many of the old features cannot simply be plugged in, they need to be completely rewritten. If you think your favorite feature is absolutely necessary, get all your friends and co-workers to join the beta program and VOTE for it! Convince all the current beta testers to vote for it! Start a letter writing campaign! Post on Facebook and Twitter. But be positive. Give logical arguments and be patient. There are lots of thing already in the pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JMaivald wrote:

Convince all the current beta testers to vote for it! Start a letter writing campaign! Post on Facebook and Twitter. But be positive. Give logical arguments and be patient. There are lots of thing already in the pipeline.

Hi Jim,

The beta forum, has for all intents and purposes been stopped.The forum itself is still there, but I don't think it is monitored by anyone in the dev teams management, and is mainly for reference purposes.

Thank you for posting though, and I do hope to hear more from you in the user forum.

Paula 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often after the release, the beta forum goes dark for a while so people can catch up with their personal lives and such. Don't be discouraged. But, I think we need to keep our comments and suggestions as positive and based on logical arguments, than simple accusations and incrimination. No one has purposely broken the program. Sometimes the priorities of the team are not known or communicated to us, but they do respond to our requests. It just may take some time.

Often, a feature is very important to one person but infrequently used in the community. The team has to prioritize its time and there is a limited amount of time and money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, and the update posted on the beta forums landing page confirmed it, the beta was only up until 2017 was released, and a couple of posts in the forum itself confirmed this.

See David's post no 129 in this discussion -

https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/dwalpha/discussion/235/dw-beta-and-dw-cab-define-the-difference#l...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the public beta has closed for the time being. But people can post in this forum and leave requests or bug reports. Adobe also has a dedicated bug reporting forum too. CAB is still open.

Go here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

If you want to file a general bug or feature request. However, I think that posting here and getting a lot of attention would be more productive. The other option would be to have many people post the identical request to the above page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are talking to the converted Jim <joke>

As for CAB, lets not get into that, you can ask Arun, or David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JMaivald

Jim, I owe you an apology.

I posted a discussion yesterday in the Beta Forum, and received an answer from a Dw team member today. So it would appear that someone from the team is occasionally monitoring the beta forum.

I'm not saying that users should post in the beta and not here, just that I was wrong about the beta forum being closed.

Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. People get frustrated when they don't get replies or feel they

aren't being heard. We just have to keep trying and work together. I am not

satisfied with the state of DW today. But it is improved in several areas.

Let's all look to the future and hope for the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to upset a lot of people now, but I think Dw is moving in the right direction now.

Yes, they have gotten a lot of things wrong in this release, but when one considers the work involved in moving to a brand new code editor, (even if it is Brackets based) there was certain to be problems, and unfortunately the time was not available to do everything envisioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be the case but they shouldn't have released DW 2017 if it wasn't ready.

I'm back on DW 2015 since I find the code coloring on DW 2017 completely usable for PHP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pau1Phi11ips wrote:

That may be the case but they shouldn't have released DW 2017 if it wasn't ready.

I'm back on DW 2015 since I find the code coloring on DW 2017 completely usable for PHP.

I completely agree, but we both know that if management decides otherwise, then that is what management gets.

I find it unacceptable that users are being told to go into the configuration files, to change code coloring or add themes, but I am not in charge, (and never will be) and just a user like yourself.

All I can say is keep complaining about everything you think is wrong, and file bugs and feature requests. Without users saying what they think, (and I am also a user) then nothing will ever happen. Speaking for myself I think users should be allowed to 'get involved' with the future of Dw much earlier than is currently allowed, (after release normally) as once Dw comes to pre-release or later, it is too late.

Keep posting, complaining, (but keep it civil) and maybe we all will eventually get the program we want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may work for you, but I find the modern code editor and other

improvements essential to my workflow. But I also keep older versions on my

computer, such as CS5.5 for the server bindings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A small correction, Jim. We will soon be doing away with the wishlist form for Dreamweaver, and I request all experts here to redirect their bugs and feature requests to Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

The link in Dreamweaver to log feature requests and bugs has also been updated with this link.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

JIm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a good example of how Adobe actually listens to the beta community. In DWCC2015, they removed the Page Title field from the interface. Originally, it was at the top of the document window. Adobe's tracking system showed that this feature was not used very frequently, so they removed it thinking no one was using it and it wouldn't be missed. The problem as most of you know is that every single page you make should have a "title". The problem with the tracking system is that is only tracks the number of times you use a feature, not how important it is to the users. The Title field may only be used one time per page, but it is used on EVERY page you make.

The beta testers at the time were outraged and we all voiced our opinions about removing this feature. In a couple of weeks the Title field was added back to the beta versions. It is currently in the released version.

This may also be the situation with Code coloring too. Think about it. You set your Code Coloring option one time and then probably never again. If Adobe simply follows the tracking system, this feature is totally "unused". But that is exactly the opposite of the case. Code Coloring is incredibly important to many hand coders. Probably essential.

Even though I do not hand code, I can see the importance of the feature. If you want it, you need to make that point of view known to Adobe and the DW developers. It's probably already in the works, but there's no harm in lobbying for it. Or, a specific implementation of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

amazing that this is even an issue and amazing that Adobe has yet to correct it. so what exactly are we paying for? this has been an issue since at least november of 2016 and still not resolved. truly disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Truly stunningly obtuse of Adobe.  It is this type reason why we are moving our entire firm away from Adobe CC.  At one time we had 37 licenses, now we're down to 17.   Dreamweaver use to be a great aggregating platform, you've not made it into a nearly useless shell html editor.  With these color losses, it's not even a good html editor anymore!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I complained about how stupid Adobe is for producing a software like Dreamweaver with such bad color coding at the first link below. Feel free to like that post and maybe they will get the point that they are producing useless software and a software like Notepad++ is beating them. Wake-up Adobe, otherwise I'm not wasting any more money on your useless software for my company. If any of you want to vote on my bug report go to the second link.

Forum Post:

Color Coding

Bug Report:

Color Coding – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Considering an update to Dreamweaver CC2017 killed my software today, don't expect me to ever respect you as decent software developers. Your software is absolute crap. Freeware developers pay closer attention to their users than you do. Honestly, it's really sad how far you've fallen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, if I experienced the problems that you are having with Dreamweaver, I would not talk about it, I would act and use another product. In fact that is exactly what I did before CC2017 when I used Brackets for much of my development work.

In your case, you may think GoLive which you used until 2 months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see it specifically mentioned in this thread, but this fine person has created a solution to the code highlighting and coloring problem that actually works:

http://leifhanson.info/2017/03/12/fix-dreamweaver-2017-code-highlighting/

It removes the highlighting altogether, which is exactly what I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We have started working on “Code Color Customization” improvements by adding support for customization of generic and language specific colors.

We have further stabilized the code coloring feature in our latest Prerelease build 15333.

You can refer to below thread for more details on code coloring customization improvements.
https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/dwalpha/discussion/467/dreamweaver-build-15333-is-now-available#l...

Please join Dreamweaver beta program from below link and try out the feature.

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/9EB451B5-D2E8-46E5-AFA2-78C85442FFA2/participate/CD0C95AA-6274-...

Please go ahead and try out the build and let inflow your thoughts/suggestions. Looking forward to your valuable feedback.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines