Exit

error occurred access denied

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the following error

pages:Index:index2022.html - Put operation successful
 - error occurred - Access denied.  The file may not exist locally,  may be open in another program, or there could be a local permission problem.
Includes:Navigate2.html - same - not transferred

Thats is REAL helpful.  WHAT FILE.  I can uploadf all teh field with an SFTP program but i gert thus eror on every upload. Not crucial but annoying.  

TOPICS
Error , Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

One thing that you might to check is the path to php include(s) in your Template.dwt file. 

If your path to include file isn't right, you won't see its content in child pages.

Site Root:

index.php (child page)

/Templates

bonairepage.dwt

/Includes

Navigate2.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very easy, 

pages:Index:index2022.html

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm ok.  so i stpedthat file direct. confirmed that it was sent and is still get the ero

pages:Index:index2022.html - Put operation successful
 - error occurred - Access denied.  The file may not exist locally,  may be open in another program, or there could be a local permission problem.
Includes:Navigate2.html - same - not transferred

I asumed that it is beacuse on of the dependent fils as when I sftp  without the dependent files I get no error. Sond right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without further info, it is hard for me to determine the cause, but the fact that Navigate3.html is not present (or fails the permission test) sounds right ti me.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for both tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Same Not Transferred" typically points to a permissions problem on the server. Talk to your hosting company and ensure you have the ability to overwrite files correctly.

Right now the server is basically saying "you already have Navigate2.html, so quit trying to upload it". 

To test it, you can delete Navigate2.html from the server first, then upload. When it goes through, explain what you had to to do your hosting company so they can repair your permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I undertsand that on the "Same Not Transferred".   I manage he server directly.   The issue I was raising was on the 

error occurred - Access denied.  The file may not exist locally,  may be open in another program, or there could be a local permission problem.

This only occurs when i have DW handle the dependent files... of course i have no idea which on but I am pulling the string.  Probably since I am trying to make SSI work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how much o a pain is it to switch from DW to Wappler?  It does appear tob quite expensive though.   Not a bif fan of rental software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Wappler has a monthly subscription fee.

2. Wappler (and other code tools) cannot support Dreamweaver Templates or Library Items.

3. Switching software will mean you have to rebuild your site without Dreamweaver's proprietary features.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your local project folder stored in a

Cloud folder like OneDrive, Dropbox etc?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.  On an external HD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move your project folder to your main/local drive and see if that helps... When you say external drive is it a network drive?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its a USB drive. Works for everything else. I am thing that DW is trying to downlaod depemdent porgrams like

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.0.0/css/bootstrap.min.css" integrity="sha384-Gn5384xqQ1aoWXA+058RXPxPg6fy4IWvTNh0E263XmFcJlSAwiGgFAW/dAiS6JXm" crossorigin="anonymous">
<!-- jQuery first, then Popper.js, then Bootstrap JS -->
<script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.2.1.slim.min.js" integrity="sha384-KJ3o2DKtIkvYIK3UENzmM7KCkRr/rE9/Qpg6aAZGJwFDMVNA/GpGFF93hXpG5KkN" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/popper.js/1.12.9/umd/popper.min.js" integrity="sha384-ApNbgh9B+Y1QKtv3Rn7W3mgPxhU9K/ScQsAP7hUibX39j7fakFPskvXusvfa0b4Q" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
<script src="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/4.0.0/js/bootstrap.min.js" integrity="sha384-JZR6Spejh4U02d8jOt6vLEHfe/JQGiRRSQQxSfFWpi1MquVdAyjUar5+76PVCmYl" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
<!-- rest of stuff -->

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Navigate2.html a server-side include file?

Is it closed & saved to your Includes folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is on the server if that is what you mean

no idea what you mean bu closed

working

www.kasdivi.com

https://www.kasdivi.com/pages/Index/index2020.html

not working

https://www.kasdivi.com/pages/Index/index2023.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot going on. Dreamweaver Templates & Library Items along with  Project Seven extensions, widgets from AddThis and Statcounter plus Bootstrap...

It would probably be easiest to use the working page index2020.html and SaveAS index2023.html 

If that works as expected, it should be smooth sailing from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so much for smooth sailling.  I did that a couple days back 

https://www.kasdivi.com/pages/Index/index2020.html

heck I would have twn in the kitchen in

i did some thinsg a couple of weks agio when my desktiop died and it messed everything up.  I need to cosu on the filedi ineth line i sent you and see hat is different

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the source of your problem is likely in the bonairepage.dwt Template and not the child pages spawned from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that you might to check is the path to php include(s) in your Template.dwt file. 

If your path to include file isn't right, you won't see its content in child pages.

Site Root:

index.php (child page)

/Templates

bonairepage.dwt

/Includes

Navigate2.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I seem to  have it working.   The math for the Included file was wrong as you pointed out.  It seem like iu have to re-educate myself ever once ins a while .  What also threw me was that I forgot I had to make the page executable. (chmod +x). for some reason I was thinking I only had to do that with .php not .html.  Like I said I am olde and dumb.   All appears ok. shall see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines