File Transfer failed

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last week I am getting an error message everytime I upload an image, whether a new image or when I choose "should dependent files be included".

File Transfer failed due to following reasons: - Internal data error: Transferred file size does not match the expected file size.

This occurs on two web sites though I have not tried it on all my websites.

I am able to successfully upload all the images using Filezilla, which I am having to do as a work around.

Has a setting been changed since the latest update? I can't see anything obvious.

There is a post about this in 2018, but not resolved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CaptainSlocum,

Thanks for writing to us. Please provide below info for further investigations.

1. Dw version.
  2. Transfer protocol used in the server configuration (FTP/SFTP/FTP(explicit, implicit), WebDAV etc).
  3. Please try switching the protocol to FTP and confirm the behavior.
  4. OS and machine configuration details.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nayan

DW 21.3

FTP over SSL/TLS (explicit)

Macos 12.4

I cannot connect using FTP or any other protocol, only explicit. All other attempts give a server error.

This has only started to happen in the last few days so something has been changed in the latest DW update. No changes have occured on my web server. HTML files upload with no problem, it is just image files. As stated before, they upload using Filezilla, which is what I am having to do, but it is a nuisance not being able to do it all from DW.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update, to further help diagnosis, I uploaded an image using Filezilla, then downloaded it back my local site, changed the name, then from the files tab in Dreamweaver tried to upload it again, and it failed with same error message. I attach a screenshot of the DW definitions window.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CaptainSlocum,

Thanks for reverting. As the behavior is observed with image files only, there could be multiple factors leading to the issue and hence can we have a remote connect session(details sent via email) for further debugging the behavior on your machine.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,

Nayan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reverted to version 21.2 and now everything uploads as expected. I'm happy with 21.2, so I'll just wait until Adobe fixes the bug in 21.3

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try  Restore Preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

No I didn't try resetting preferences. That is certainly something that has often worked for problems in the past. When I have time to re-install 21.3 I'll try it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guten Tag

I have the same problem: DW 21.3 doesnt upload files bigger than ca. 15 KB

no problem with DW 21.2

DW 21.3

FTP over SSL/TLS (explicit)

Macos 12.4

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines