• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FTP error when trying to upload files.

Engaged ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if it is a bug. Fist time happening to me. The curious thing is that with Filezilla (other app to manage sites with FTP), all works fine, no issues. I don‘t undestand why with DW is happening this. Here are the two screenshots, one with the message error and other with the FTP log. 

I tried also deliting all and creating a new site. Some where I read that I have to match the clocks of the server and my equipment. Or should I report as a bug?  Adobe recommends to put the IP address on the URL Web field, but it is shared IP and I go it throught the address bar, I get an error message. In the control panel of my proviuder I gave permissions 777 (temporarily, of course), but nothing. Orientations, please.

dw-ftp-log.pngdw-ftp-error.png

 

TOPICS
Error , How to , Interface , Other , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Your budget host might be using older connection protocols. 

Try reverting to a previous version of Dreamweaver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have entered the wrong root directory.  If unsure, ask your hosting provider what root directory to use.

See my screenshot below as an example.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Click the TEST button to confirm connection.  Failing that, click on More Options.  See screenshot.

CC-MoreOptions.jpg

Hope that helps.  Post back if you more questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

public_html is the rrot folder for my main site. For other secondary sites I use the root folder, the path they tell me and is correct because with even few data, few information I supplied, I could upload my files using FILEZILLA. I tried to do it in DW, going for all the possible combinations of the web root directory with slash, without slash, but no success.

I will report it to DW next time they launch me the survey for recommendation. Or maybe inthe advanced settings tab, Do I hace to configure something? ASP server... etc. or just nothing is OK? I am using econocmic server of the provider, shared hosting Linux environment. Thank U.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your budget host might be using older connection protocols. 

Try reverting to a previous version of Dreamweaver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestions, but I will not go back to older version just for this. I use Filezilla, it works fine and that's it. Let's see what happens with future versions. Thank U again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will not go back to older version just for this. I use Filezilla, it works fine and that's it. Let's see what happens with future versions. Thank U again.

By @limakid2015

===========

That's fine. 

Budget hosting is rarely a bargain. You pay for it one way or another. 

Good luck with your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines