• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Good looking sections?

New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does Adobe Dreamweaver already have good looking sections that I can insert into my HTML?

I know that I can input a blank <section> or <div> then I can customize it by myself, but I want to know if there are already prepared sections for me to insert or if there are none?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is nothing out of the box like that for Dreamweaver. You can build yourself tempaltes or sections, or if you find some online you can use them. But at the end of the day DW is just a code editor, so if you do find templates, it is always recommended to have an understanding of html & css at least to be able to modify them for your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does Adobe Dreamweaver already have good looking sections that I can insert into my HTML?

I know that I can input a blank <section> or <div> then I can customize it by myself, but I want to know if there are already prepared sections for me to insert or if there are none?

By @Mubarak2994478067lu

I think there are only some starter templates which are barebones and Bootstrap based included in Dreamweaver. If youre not familar with building websites or are only a little knowledgable you could look for some free html templates online which you could use in Dreamweaver and adapt to fit your own content. Dreamweaver expects you to have a certain amount of coding knowledge. There's always options like Rocket Cake Editor which is truely drag and drop for creating simple websites, but I can't say I particularly like the code it creates, however that could be said for any drag and drop editor, they usually create somewhat of a mess 'backstage'. If your not the kind of user that's concerned about or looks much at the code then these kinds of solutions may be worth exploring, its the payoff, you can't have your cake and eat it, I guess. They are somewhat improving, taking a step in the right direction, which is positive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A <section> is just a <section>  -- a box by another name.  I don't know what "good looking" means, that's highly subjective. How you decide to "pretty up" the site depends on your creativity and coding skills.  As @Ben M said, Dreamweaver is just a code editor.

That said, Dreamweaver has built-in features to help you.

• File > New > Starter Templates will give you a basic code structure and layout to work with.
  • Dreamweaver's Snippets panel contains an assortment of code fragments for quick insertion into files. 
  • If you use Bootstrap framework, Bootstrap Components can be accessed from the INSERT menu.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Free & paid Boostrap Themes & Templates:

https://startbootstrap.com/themes

https://themes.getbootstrap.com/

Free Bootswatch Themes (25 styles to choose from)

https://bootswatch.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines